Re: [Speed Solving Rubik's Cube] Re: New Members/Slow Cubers :-)

  • Brad Huff
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 9, 2002
      What is your record?

      >From: jasmine_ellen <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      >To: speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Speed Solving Rubik's Cube] Re: New Members/Slow Cubers :-)
      >Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 11:50:28 -0000
      >
      >Speaking of the Unofficial Cube Records, how often is it updated? I
      >sent in my time about 2 weeks and haven't seen it on the list. I was
      >wondering if my message had got chewed up in the ether, or if the
      >list just hasn't been updated.
      >
      >Smiles,
      >
      >J.

    • addicted_2_my_rubiks_cube
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 9, 2002
        --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., jasmine_ellen <no_reply@y...>
        wrote:
        > Speaking of the Unofficial Cube Records, how often is it updated? I
        > sent in my time about 2 weeks and haven't seen it on the list. I
        was
        > wondering if my message had got chewed up in the ether, or if the
        > list just hasn't been updated.
        >
        > Smiles,
        >
        > J.

        I sent one in about two weeks ago, maybe a little more, and it is
        already posted. Maybe you should try sending it again.

        -Heath
      • texasgrape
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 9, 2002
          Chris (or Ron) usually update the Unofficial page pretty quick.
          I've sent in a couple of times and they are usually there within a
          day or two. I'd resend it if it has been two weeks.

          :-)
        • jasmine_ellen
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 11, 2002
            Turns out I didn't look as hard as I thought I did. :/

            My time (38 sec) is there. This is my best time ever, and it was a
            while ago. My best time recently is 50 seconds.

            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@y..., texasgrape <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Chris (or Ron) usually update the Unofficial page pretty quick.
            > I've sent in a couple of times and they are usually there within a
            > day or two. I'd resend it if it has been two weeks.
            >
            > :-)
          • jasmine_ellen
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 11, 2002
              Turns out I didn't look as hard as I thought. My time (38 sec) is
              there. This time was done a while ago. My best times recently are ~50
              seconds.

              [I posted a reply to this a little while ago but something went weird
              with my browser and I don't think it got through. I'm just explaining
              this now in case the other message turns up later!]

            • James Trimm <jstrimm@nazarene.net>
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 13, 2002
                Hello,

                My name is James Scott Trimm. I was introduced to the CUBE in
                while in high school in the 1980's. In a school of about 1,000
                students (L.D. Bell High School in Hurst Texas) only four of us
                could solve the cube (Myself, Tommy Moak, Richad Delinski and Jeremy
                <something>) We used to cube race during lunch every day (I have not
                heard from them in nearly 20 years... any of you guys here?)

                From the cube I found interest in related spacial puzzles. I am
                currently wrestling with square 1.

                I also enjoy three-dimesional chess:

                http://www.3dchessfederation.com

                Which also involves three-dimesnional thinking.

                James Scott Trimm
              • jasmine_ellen
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 14, 2002
                  Welcome to the club James!

                  Which method do you use for solving? What sort of times do you get?

                  Jasmine.

                  --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "James Trimm

                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 14, 2002
                    Nourse's Simple Solution.

                    My times average around 1 min. 30 sec.

                    I am aware that other solutions are faster.

                    Trimm

                    --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, jasmine_ellen
                    <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                    > Welcome to the club James!
                    >
                    > Which method do you use for solving? What sort of times do you get?
                    >
                    > Jasmine.
                    >
                    > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "James Trimm
                    > <jstrimm@n...>" <jstrimm@n...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hello,
                    > >
                    > > My name is James Scott Trimm. I was introduced to the CUBE in
                    > > while in high school in the 1980's. In a school of about 1,000
                    > > students (L.D. Bell High School in Hurst Texas) only four of us
                    > > could solve the cube (Myself, Tommy Moak, Richad Delinski and
                    > Jeremy
                    > > <something>) We used to cube race during lunch every day (I have
                    > not
                    > > heard from them in nearly 20 years... any of you guys here?)
                    > >
                    > > From the cube I found interest in related spacial puzzles. I am
                    > > currently wrestling with square 1.
                    > >
                    > > I also enjoy three-dimesional chess:
                    > >
                    > > http://www.3dchessfederation.com
                    > >
                    > > Which also involves three-dimesnional thinking.
                    > >
                    > > James Scott Trimm
                  • Keith Sauer
                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 17, 2002
                      James,

                      It's a small world... I graduated from LD Bell in '85.

                      Welcome to the group.

                      Keith

                      My name is James Scott Trimm. I was introduced to the CUBE in
                      while in high school in the 1980's. In a school of about 1,000
                      students (L.D. Bell High School in Hurst Texas) only four of us
                      could solve the cube (Myself, Tommy Moak, Richad Delinski and Jeremy
                      <something>) We used to cube race during lunch every day (I have not
                      heard from them in nearly 20 years... any of you guys here?)

                      From the cube I found interest in related spacial puzzles. I am

                      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .