Re: [Speed cubing group] Petrus Last Layer- anyone?

  • Michael Atkinson
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 2, 2004
      I learned all the permutation algorithms, so I just orient the
      corners then permute all the pieces. I have an average of just over
      20 seconds.

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Jonas Koelker

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 2, 2004
        Hi fellows,
        Is anyone in here familiar with, or use, the Verasano method? thx
        -bm

        :)
        --Brent

      • Wayne
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 2, 2004
          I am Brent, I have the book he wrote in the early 80's. What do you
          want to know ?

          Wayne

          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Brent Morgan
          <brentmorganmaster@y...> wrote:

          > Hi fellows,
          > Is anyone in here familiar with, or use, the Verasano method? thx
          > -bm
          >

          > :)
          > --Brent

        • pathfinder_netstorm
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 2, 2004
            Macki uses Stop 5 + 6 when all the edges are oriented which leaves
            out only edge permutation.

            I use the same thing as Michael Atkinson.

            The way that averages the less move is step 5. And than 6+7.

            --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Atkinson"
            <unipsycho6@y...> wrote:
            > I learned all the permutation algorithms, so I just orient the
            > corners then permute all the pieces. I have an average of just over
            > 20 seconds.
            >
            > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Jonas Koelker
            > <jonaskoelker@y...> wrote:
            > > --- c_w_tsai <c_w_tsai@y...> wrote:
            > > > Isn't this equivalent to the last step of the ZB
            > > > method? If so, at
            > > > least 2 people know all the cases...
            > >
            > > forgive me for not reading all 250-some mails in my
            > > cubing folder to check whether or not this is
            > > redundant.
            > >
            > > Yes, it is the last ZB step.
            > >
            > > and I plan(ned?) to learn all 177 cases... but if
            > > that's not the fastest way to go, what is?
            > >
            > > learning step(5+6) and step(6+7) and picking which one
            > > to use after completing F2L?
            > >
            > > -- Jonas
            > >

            > > ___________________________________________________________ALL-
            NEW
            > Yahoo! Messenger - sooooo many all-new ways to express yourself
            > http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
          • Jonas Koelker
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 7, 2004
              Macki uses Stop 5 + 6 when all the edges are
              > oriented which leaves
              > out only edge permutation.
              >
              > I use the same thing as Michael Atkinson.
              >
              > The way that averages the less move is step 5. And
              > than 6+7.

              Thanks for the info, I'll just keep doing what I
              always have been :)

              -- Jonas