POPS

  • Tyson F. Mao
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
      I know we've had this discussion before... but I was doing some thinking
      and I realized it isn't fair unless both the Euro and US Championships use
      the same format.

      Currently, I have no pops allowed in the first and second round and one
      pop allowed in the last round.

      I would like to change it to one pop allowed in the first round, one pop
      allowed in the second round, and no pops allowed in the last round. This
      is because the pop can be discarded as the slowest solve.

      Other thing I would like to change is I would like to make the second
      round an average of 5. Since we will have 8 stackmat timers, we should be
      able to run this smoothly.

      Unless there are any major objections, I will implement these rules as of
      July 3, 2004, 12:00 AM

      Otherwise, please discuss or e-mail me.

      Tyson Mao
      MSC #631
      California Institute of Technology
    • Tyson F. Mao
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2004
        Hi Ron,

        Okay. Sounds good. I thought you weren't allowing pops in the average of
        5 and I just wanted to be consistent with you so I'll allow pops.