One-alg bld method

  • Doug Reed
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2004
      Hey all

      Apparently my emails have been 'bouncing' from the group.

      Anyway, I was looking through the message archive for a one-algorithm
      blindfold solution I remember reading about using (I think) the PLL
      T-permutation. Can anybody point me in the direction of the original post?

      Thanks
      Doug
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2004
        > Anyway, I was looking through the message archive for a
        one-algorithm
        > blindfold solution I remember reading about using (I think) the PLL
        > T-permutation. Can anybody point me in the direction of the
        original post?

        You probably mean this one:
        http://games.groups.yahoo
        com/group/speedsolvingrubikscube/message/9576

        Unfortunately my webspace provider died and I had to move to another
        one so my website is offline right now. But I'll upload it again this
        week. I've also improved the system a bit and will update the page
        accordingly.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2004
          Ok, it's online again:
          http://www.stefan-pochmann.de/spocc/blindsolving/3x3_single_alg

          I added a table with the setup algorithms I use now. I'd like to
          rewrite the page a bit and use a better example solve with applets
          showing the steps, but that will have to wait a bit.

          I also made up a new similar method for the second part, i.e.
          solving the corners. It also solves the corners one at a time. It
          uses 3+1 algorithms, but the big advantage is that the setup
          algorithms are just single turns. These are the algs (lower case
          letter means turn two layers):

          Bring DLB to UFR:
          F2 L U2 R B R' U2 L F' L F L F2
          (F-2 L U-2) (l U l' U2) (r U' L U L U2) x'

          Bring DLB to RUF:
          (L2 U2) (R B' R' U2) (L2 F') (L' F L)
          (L-2 U-2) (l U' l' U2) (L2 x U') (L' U L x')

          Bring DLB to FRU:
          y [mirror of previous case] y'

          Transition between edges-phase and corners-phase:
          F2 B2 R L B' L' B R' B2 L B' L' F2
          x' D2 U2 R (L U' L' U) (R' U2) (L U' L') D2 x

          Each alg is given twice, the second version describing how I execute
          it.

          To solve a corner (other than DLB which is the buffer corner), put
          its place to UFR, RUF or FRU with a single turn, then apply the
          appropriate alg and undo the setup turn.

          --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Stefan Pochmann"