9870Re: "Officialness"

  • d_j_salvia
    Apr 1, 2004
      Hi Dave, Tyson,

      Dve wrote, > > > I have had quite a lot of negative feedback from
      people who don't think that a local event should be allowed to break
      the records - the pressure of a local event being much less than a
      world or national event.<

      I just realised you guys know this is nonsense and that this is an
      April Fools joke!

      Very Good. LOL

      DJ

      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, tmao@i... wrote:
      > > I've been hit... I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen right
      > now but there will be
      > > impacts on the summer tournament and any tournament that Chris
      > decides to hold. Read
      > > below... we're working it out right now.
      > >
      > > Hi Tyson
      > > I have had quite a lot of negative feedback from people who don't
      > think that
      > > a local event should be allowed to break the records - the
      pressure of a
      > > local event being much less than a world or national event.
      > > Not sure what to suggest but think that the record if it gets
      broken can
      > > still be submitted as a new record to rubiks.com, speedcubing.com and
      > > Guinness but the "official" fastest time and "official" record
      > remain until
      > > beaten at National or International level ?
      > > Thoughts ?
      > > Dave
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic