7865Re: Where to buy?

  • Josef Jelinek
    Dec 1, 2003
      Hello,

      I can answer partially to the square-1 question.
      The square-1 is originally Czech invention (Hrsel & Kopsky
      physicians) and went into production in Czech Republic few years ago
      in really good quality with really good plastic stickers (compared to
      the paper-based stickers of other square-1 products) and the name of
      this puzzle is "Cube 21" (not square-1, but that is the only
      difference). There are two variations of "Cube 21": 6 color and 2
      color (one is silver).
      And the best thing is the price: 200,-CZK ~ $7.4 (I think it could be
      more for international sales...)
      The worst thing would be the postage prices - I do not have
      experience with it.
      Have a look at:
      http://hlavolamy.gumruch.cz/europe.php

      Hope it helps.

      Regards,

      Josef

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "ferret511"
      <ferret511@y...> wrote:
      > I've been looking into getting a square-1 and or a megaminx,
      because
      > I've never tried these puzzles. Anyway, I know that you can get a
      > square-1 at rubiks.com, but they have been out of stock for months
      it
      > seems, plus they don't even have a megaminx.
      >
      > The only other option that I personally know of is mefferts.com,
      but
      > mefferts doesn't have a square-1 (I don't think). What I wanted to
      > ask you guys is:
      > Is there a reliable place (not ebay) where I can get both of these
      > puzzles?
      >
      > Obviously, tiles are nice, but I got a cube from mefferts with
      tiles,
      > and was disappointed, the tiles were not centered, plus the cube
      just
      > wasn't good. Where do you guys buy your puzzles?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > ferret
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic