7515Re: [Speed cubing group] Re: Rubik's Studio Speed Cube?

  • Rune Wesström
    Nov 5, 2003
      The same in Sweden. All cubes imported from Hungary in the ealy 80ies were BOY- or BOW-cubes.

      From: Per Kristen Fredlund
      To: speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 6:01 PM
      Subject: [Speed cubing group] Re: Rubik's Studio Speed Cube?

      Hmm ... maybe this depends on the country where u bought the cube(s).
      I recall from the heydays that here in Norway almost every cube from
      Ideal/Arxon had the color arrangement mentioned by me earlier. Other
      varieties of the cube(s) were quite rare here. So this is the colors
      i'm used to, and i would never buy a cube in any other "colorometry",
      at least not for speedcubing :-) I know for sure other colors would
      slow down my solving tremendously. I dun believe anyone can solve a
      cube equally fast regardless of the "colorometry". If they can i
      would say they have exceptional skills :-)

      Maybe we let the experts/collectors here comment on this...

      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "d_j_salvia"
      <d_j_salvia@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Per,
      >
      > As a vintage cubist I must disagree. The colors you use were on a
      > minority of cubes.
      >
      > The old "Official" color scheme has one corner the primary
      colors,
      > Red, Blue and Green clockwise, with Orange opposite Red, White
      > opposite Blue and Yellow opposite Green. Most of the cubes in 1980
      > were made this way. The Deluxe was made this way, the Rubik's
      > Game/Challenge cube was made this way and the C*4 cube was made
      this way.

      > David J
      >

      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Per Kristen
      Fredlund"
      > <aspiring_to_love@y...> wrote:
      > > The Rubiks.com cube won't be very popular amongst most
      speedcubists
      > > unless they make the new one with the "correct" color
      configuration.
      > > As i can see from Ton's picture (link posted in this forum) it
      has at
      > > least white adjacent to yellow. For vintage cubists this is
      > > sacrelige. One should have: white OPPOSITE yellow, green opposite
      > > blue, and orange opposite red/brown. And preferrably BOY
      (clockwise).
      > > With the new fused tiles restickering will be almost impossible i
      > > guess. Color arrangement has always been a drawback for most of
      > > Mefferts cube puzzles also. I have their 5x5x5 professor cube and
      > > hate the colors !!
      > >
      > > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, turnthatcube
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > > I am honered, but Seventows has some ideas to make a new
      mechanisme
      > > > for speedcubing, also the fact that the handmade prototype
      fused
      > > > stickers turns very good when new. I conclude that a rubiks.com
      can
      > > > be a good speedcube in the future, but this is only if they
      always
      > > > make the tension of the pins the same.
      > > >
      > > > Maybe a DIY kit of the Rubik's com cube in all it parts might
      be a
      > > > good idea for now, the only problem is how to insert the pins ,
      you
      > > > need a vice to insert the pins.
      > > >
      > > > Ton

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor