7508Re: Rubik's Studio Speed Cube?

  • turnthatcube
    Nov 5, 2003
      HI David & Jake

      Thanks for your ideas, I shall relay your input to Seven Towns. I
      probably will see/speak David from Seven Towns soon. btw the color
      scheme of the prototype was a mistake. And the color scheme of the
      orgnal 1980 version is country specific the USA Ideal are mostly
      White/Blue and the European version White/Yellow. Since 2000 is
      the "BOY" color scheme standard.

      Ton

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "d_j_salvia"
      <d_j_salvia@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Ton,
      >
      > I wish Seven Towns would make a few specific changes:
      >
      > Why not offer the adjustable screws for a speedcube. That's what
      we
      > all want, isn't it? Put a washer under the screw and you don't have
      > the old problems of sticking and unscrewing.
      >
      > How about interchangeable tiles? That way they could market many
      > different kinds of tiles. Regular, translucent, smooth or patterned;
      > they could do seasonal motifs, etc. People wouldn't be stuck with
      one
      > color scheme, and if the tiles are easier to get on and off that
      would
      > please those who wish to adjust the screws.
      >
      > How about choices between some different strength springs? That
      > might be asking a bit much.
      >
      > Green should be lighter than blue like on the deluxe. I can solve
      > the Deluxe in half the light needed to solve the present-day cubes,
      > either from Seven Town's of Rubik's studio, because the new cube
      have
      > blue and green with the same contrast.
      >
      > Why not go back to that good plastic used in some of the 1980's
      > cubes, and the Hungarian-made Rubik's studio cube, or the thicker,
      > slicker plastic used in the Deluxe?
      >
      > David J
      >
      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, turnthatcube
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > I am honered, but Seventows has some ideas to make a new
      mechanisme
      > > for speedcubing, also the fact that the handmade prototype fused
      > > stickers turns very good when new. I conclude that a rubiks.com
      can
      > > be a good speedcube in the future, but this is only if they
      always
      > > make the tension of the pins the same.
      > >
      > > Maybe a DIY kit of the Rubik's com cube in all it parts might be
      > > good idea for now, the only problem is how to insert the pins ,
      you
      > > need a vice to insert the pins.
      > >
      > > Ton
      > >
      > > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "yodamunkey2"
      > > <yodamunkey1@a...> wrote:
      > > > "the main question is how much are we willing to pay for a
      special
      > > > speedcube version?"
      > > >
      > > > Ton
      > > >

      > > > I'm not paying anything! I'm going to Ton's shop instead!
      Actually
      > > > will see how my vintage 80's cube fares first. If that doesn't
      work
      > > > (whenever it arrives, sheesh) I'll buy one off of Ton.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic