7505Rubik's Studio Speed Cube?

  • d_j_salvia
    Nov 5, 2003
      Hi Ton,

      I wish Seven Towns would make a few specific changes:

      Why not offer the adjustable screws for a speedcube. That's what we
      all want, isn't it? Put a washer under the screw and you don't have
      the old problems of sticking and unscrewing.

      How about interchangeable tiles? That way they could market many
      different kinds of tiles. Regular, translucent, smooth or patterned;
      they could do seasonal motifs, etc. People wouldn't be stuck with one
      color scheme, and if the tiles are easier to get on and off that would
      please those who wish to adjust the screws.

      How about choices between some different strength springs? That
      might be asking a bit much.

      Green should be lighter than blue like on the deluxe. I can solve
      the Deluxe in half the light needed to solve the present-day cubes,
      either from Seven Town's of Rubik's studio, because the new cube have
      blue and green with the same contrast.

      Why not go back to that good plastic used in some of the 1980's
      cubes, and the Hungarian-made Rubik's studio cube, or the thicker,
      slicker plastic used in the Deluxe?

      David J

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, turnthatcube
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I am honered, but Seventows has some ideas to make a new mechanisme
      > for speedcubing, also the fact that the handmade prototype fused
      > stickers turns very good when new. I conclude that a rubiks.com can
      > be a good speedcube in the future, but this is only if they always
      > make the tension of the pins the same.
      >
      > Maybe a DIY kit of the Rubik's com cube in all it parts might be a
      > good idea for now, the only problem is how to insert the pins , you
      > need a vice to insert the pins.
      >
      > Ton
      >
      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "yodamunkey2"
      > <yodamunkey1@a...> wrote:
      > > "the main question is how much are we willing to pay for a special
      > > speedcube version?"
      > >
      > > Ton
      > >

      > > I'm not paying anything! I'm going to Ton's shop instead! Actually
      > > will see how my vintage 80's cube fares first. If that doesn't work
      > > (whenever it arrives, sheesh) I'll buy one off of Ton.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic