7465Re: Rubik's Studio Speed Cube?

  • Per Kristen Fredlund
    Nov 4, 2003
      What about merging those 2 cubes, the Studio Cube and the Rubiks.com?
      Use the skeleton from the Studio Cube and the loose pieces from the
      other. There might be some minor issues, but it should be fairly easy
      to fix with careful sanding. The stickers on the center pieces are
      not so vulnerable to wear and tear normally :-) And u get adjustable
      tension also !!

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, turnthatcube
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > I gues not everybody knows me.
      >
      > I am currently the only one selling the Rubik's Studio cubes, I can
      > offer them at a low price, because the Rubik's Studio was so kind
      > make them available for the speedcubing community via me. I gues I
      > was selected because I already provided cubes to many of the top
      > speedcubers. So I am realy proud that I actually do bussines with
      The
      > Rubik's Studio directly! I actually have a signed invoice from MR
      > Erno Rubik!
      >
      > About the current and future Rubiks.com, I also have contact with
      > SevenTowns and I have seen the new prototype Rubik's.com. It has
      > great stickers, it is more like a fused plastic cover. So in the
      near
      > future the Rubiks.com cube has some major improvements.
      >
      > However the advantage of the Rubik's studio cubes is that you can
      > adjust the tension. But still if you are lucky the Rubik's.com cube
      > works fine, like the one provided at the WC2003.
      >
      > Ton
      >

      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "yodamunkey2"
      > <yodamunkey1@a...> wrote:
      > > http://www.speedcubing.com/ton/buy1.htm
      > >
      > > There is the link. He claims these are the best cubes for speed
      > > cubing. Did you notice these being good cubes, anyone who bought
      > > them?
      > >
      > > What do you think are the best cubes in your experience?
      > >
      > > Also the site mentions the newest cubes from rubiks.com having
      > vinel
      > > stickers, does that mean they hold up better like the 80's cubes
      > > from Ideal do?
      > >
      > > Thanks for answering all of my questions.
      > >
      > > -Louie
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic