7021Re: Limit of speedcubing ?

  • d_j_salvia
    Oct 2, 2003
      Hi Ton,

      It may be a tad impractical to find many excellent cubes for a
      competition set up like that, but take what I said as an example.

      This can be done one cube at a time. There are many ways that a
      mixed cube can be covered before the start, and it shouldn't be too
      hard to start the timer as soon as the cube is visible.

      For your scenario it might be easy sometime in the future to have a
      computerised scrambling machine.

      David J

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, turnthatcube
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > It is an Idea, but is it practical?
      >
      > I do not have 5 speedcubes, most speedcubers have 2 some 3 speedcubes
      >
      > So I gues this can only be performed using normal cubes.
      >
      > But with 2 or 3 speedcubes you can think of a small marathon race,
      > where you have 1 cube that will be uncovered. While you begin the
      > next one is placed on the table, after you finshed your cube will be
      > again scrambeld and so on, until 10 cube solves.
      >
      > The only unpractical is that this will require a speedy scrambler
      > since he/she must scramble a specific pattern for a offical contest.
      >

      > Ton
      >
      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "d_j_salvia"
      > <d_j_salvia@y...> wrote:
      > > Hi Guys,
      > >
      > > A lot of what has been discussed here in terms of getting faster
      > > has to do with looking ahead. But so far in contests people are
      > given
      > > 15 seconds of free look-ahead time.
      > >
      > > I think that this pre-inspection time should be counted. *Then*
      > > talk about who is fastest. If half the game is free it takes away
      > > something important.
      > >
      > > Why not contests where 5 or 10 or 12 cubes are uncovered at once;
      > > you have at it and whoever is done first wins, plus a quick time win
      > > for the quickest from the end of one cube to the end of the next.
      > >
      > > I know some may not like this, but I think counting the entire
      > time
      > > is fair.
      > >
      > > David J
    • Show all 36 messages in this topic