42491Re: 6x6 OLL parity

  • Robert Munafo
    Sep 3, 2009
      I am not a speedsolver -- but based on my experiences solving the
      6x6x6 I would suggest leaving the parity until later, and get
      accustomed to recognizing the odd piece by its outer (or inner if you
      prefer) pair of edges. For example, if you're doing the Fridrich
      7-look method [1], when doing each of the 4 corner+edge steps [2], you
      might focus on the four LL corners and their adjacent edge pieces
      (ignoring the central two slices everywhere) to select your F2L algs.
      It's going to depend a lot on how your brain recognizes patterns,
      because you're going to have to learn to do it without thinking. I
      suspect many will find it easy and others will find it much more
      difficult.

      [1]: http://www.ws.binghamton.edu/fridrich/system.html

      [2]: http://www.ws.binghamton.edu/fridrich/Mike/middle.html

      --