31821Re: 2x2x2 Solutions

  • aaronmwiginton
    Dec 1, 2006
      Thanks for the info. I'm sure it will be a great help. I don't
      orient the corners like a lot of other people, so the website will be
      very helpful. Perhaps I should have learned this way first. Oh
      well.

      Thanks again
      aaron

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Soesbe"
      <yeff@...> wrote:

      > Aaron --
      >
      > You can, of course, use your standard 3x3x3 method and then just do
      > the corners. Something like: do first layer, permute second layer
      > corners, orient second layer corners. I used to do this and it
      worked
      > just fine.
      >
      > I've now switched to using the first part of the "corners first"
      > method called Ortega-Jelinik. I really like this method for a
      2x2x2,
      > it's very quick with very little memorization (I memorized most
      > routines in a day).
      >
      > Here's a link to the method:
      >
      > http://rubikscube.info/ortega.html
      >
      > Ortega-Jelinik goes:
      > - do one side (don't worry about permutation)
      > - orient opposite side
      > - permute everything
      >
      > If I had a decent 2x2x2 (mine's way too loose), I think I could
      > probably regularly hit sub-10 seconds with this method and a little
      > more practice (US Nationals I averaged 12.86). Your mileage may
      vary.

      > yeff
      >

      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "aaronmwiginton"
      > <aaronmwiginton@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I ordered a 2x2x2 cube and was wondering if there are any good
      > > solutions guides I can look at while I wait for it.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Aaron

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic