31820Re: 2x2x2 Solutions

  • Jeff Soesbe
    Dec 1, 2006
      Aaron --

      You can, of course, use your standard 3x3x3 method and then just do
      the corners. Something like: do first layer, permute second layer
      corners, orient second layer corners. I used to do this and it worked
      just fine.

      I've now switched to using the first part of the "corners first"
      method called Ortega-Jelinik. I really like this method for a 2x2x2,
      it's very quick with very little memorization (I memorized most
      routines in a day).

      Here's a link to the method:

      http://rubikscube.info/ortega.html

      Ortega-Jelinik goes:
      - do one side (don't worry about permutation)
      - orient opposite side
      - permute everything

      If I had a decent 2x2x2 (mine's way too loose), I think I could
      probably regularly hit sub-10 seconds with this method and a little
      more practice (US Nationals I averaged 12.86). Your mileage may vary.

      yeff

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "aaronmwiginton"
      <aaronmwiginton@...> wrote:

      > I ordered a 2x2x2 cube and was wondering if there are any good
      > solutions guides I can look at while I wait for it.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Aaron

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic