29429Re: [Speed cubing group] An idea for a new competition format

  • Craig Bouchard
    Jul 1, 2006
      I don't think he was talking Cube Cup format, I think he meant all
      people go at once and first x Done move on...The way you explained it
      is faster of 2 moves on. The way he explains it, You have to do it
      under a specific time. If you do it, you can move on. There wouldn't
      be rounds. I guess technically there would be rounds but not in the
      way you mean.

      Craig

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Ryan Heise <ryan@...>
      wrote:

      > On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 10:32:14AM -0000, Gilles Roux wrote:
      > > Instead of timing with a stopwatch, you could use a countdown timer.
      > > Set it to X seconds, you win if your attempt is faster than X seconds.
      > >
      > > You'd have a competition just like high jump or pole vault. A limited
      > > number of attempts/competitor, challenges of increasing difficulty.
      > > Take risks, but not too much.
      >
      > Sounds fun.
      >
      > I also like the sound of head-to-head battles, tournament style:
      >
      > - round 1: 32 players, 16 matches (in pairs)
      > - round 2: 16 players, 8 matches
      > - round 3: 8 players, 4 matches
      > - round 4: 4 players, 2 matches
      > - round 5: 2 players, 1 match (grand final)
      >
      > A match could just be one head-to-head battle, or a series.
      >
      > --
      > Ryan Heise
      > http://www.ryanheise.com/cube/

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic