2471Re: quick tangent

  • Hana M. Bizek <hanabizek@earthlink.net>
    Jan 1, 2003
      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, "double_nubbins
      <ken_murkot@y...>" <ken_murkot@y...> wrote:
      > --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, cmhardw
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > Hey this doesn't really relate to the cube but I thought you guys
      > > might get a kick out of this (particularly math people). I duped
      > my
      > > little sister into posing for this picture, she'll probably kill
      me
      > > when she gets older :). Anyway here's the link,
      > > http://www.speedcubing.com/chris/images/jade-math.jpg
      > >
      > > Chris
      > >
      > > P.S. it's geeky humor but what the heck
      >
      > man, that's a good picture. you need to keep that one. i haven't
      > laughed so hard in quite a while.
      > also, i was amazed that it generated more responses on the board
      here
      > than just about anything else.
      > i am reminded of when my first child was born, the first thing i
      said
      > to him was, "never take the knight-pawn with your queen when you
      are
      > behind in development"
      > i guess i am a geek at heart...

      Yours is the first message of the New Year. May I be the second?

      Several people, including myself, replied to this message. I replied
      from outside the group, and my reply didn't get in. No matter, some
      of the responses were pretty identical. What I did not see is
      identiication of those rows as 11^n, for n=1 to n=5, and obsevation
      that the little girl was poised complete the triangle for n=0.
      Some people continued this triangle for n=6, 7, and 8. I verified
      thrir calculation.

      Are physicists considered geeks? :-)

      Hana a kostky
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic