17240Re: Method for Handicap Competitions

  • Dan
    Jul 1, 2005
      No, of course not. Maybe you're missing the point.

      There's no need for a handicap in speedcubing tournaments, because
      there are a lot of sub 20 cubers, and those cubers who aren't sub20
      will have lots to aspire to, and to be honest, if they want to win,
      they'll have to improve.

      But for a small competition, where there maybe be on or two sub
      20ers, a 30, 40, and a minuter, for example, and the averages are
      spread wide, then it makes it a lot more fun for everyone involved,
      rather than just going through the motions to make the eventual,
      predictable winner.

      Dan :)

      --- In speedsolvingrubikscube@yahoogroups.com, Tyson Mao <tmao@i...>