10900Re: [Speed cubing group] sub-20 HELP!?

  • Ron van Bruchem
    Jun 2, 2004
      Hi friends,

      I think the best mood depends a lot on your style.
      I cube faster when I am concentrated and my hands and head are fully
      relaxed. In that mood I can tell what my times are without watching the
      clock (0.5 second accuracy). When my hands are not relaxed I set bad times,
      even when I think that I set a good time.

      My worst times are set when I am eager to set a good time. So in front of
      people I always say that I will set a time of 17 seconds, which is a good
      target going "slowly", and I often solve in a fluent 15-16 seconds.

      I use some simple tricks (like washing my eyes with cold water, and
      visualizing myself solving a cube with random cases for the steps) to get
      into the best mood.
      One lesson Guus (WC 1982 runner-up) taught me, was to convert the "negative"
      energy from adrenaline into positive energy to set a good performance.
      Unfortunately this hasn't worked for me in competitions yet. :-(
      But it will work for Euro 2004!

      Have fun,

      Ron