Two passings: Fred Milano and Larry Reinhardt

  • b&p
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2012
      Fred Milano, 72, was an original member of Dion & The Belmonts:

      http://news.yahoo.com/fred-milano-dion-belmonts-dies-72-190920982.html

      Larry Reinhadt, 63, was in a later edition (1971-ff.) of Iron Butterfly and
      later formed Captain Beyond. The Bradenton, FL, newspaper reporting his
      passing indicated he was in the '60s band "The Thunderbeats. According to
      information at rldrecords.com, in 1967 Reinhardt helped form The Load and
      then later The Second Coming, with Dicky Betts and Berry Oakley, another
      Bradenton band that later went on to become The Allman Brothers Band. At
      about the time the Allman Brothers were formed, Reinhardt joined Iron
      Butterfly." No doubt Jeff Lemlich can shed more light on these early groups.
      Full story here:

      http://sarasota.patch.com/articles/iron-butterfly-guitarist-bradenton-native
      -reinhardt-reportedly-dead#photo-8822187

      Thanks to Eddy Smit of The Kollektionist for this info.

      Country Paul
    • Gary Myers
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2012
        Country Paul:

        > Larry Reinhadt, 63, was in a later edition (1971-ff.)
        > of Iron Butterfly and later formed Captain Beyond.
        > The Bradenton, FL, newspaper reporting his passing
        > indicated he was in the '60s band "The Thunderbeats.
        > According to information at rldrecords.com, in 1967
        > Reinhardt helped form The Load and then later The
        > Second Coming, with Dicky Betts and Berry Oakley,
        > another Bradenton band that later went on to become
        > The Allman Brothers Band. <<

        I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say that the
        Bradenton band "became the Allman Bro". I was in the
        Swingin' Saints with Dickie Betts in Bradenton in '61
        before I got I got my first 6-night-a-wk club gig and
        went on the road. I saw Dickie when I was back for a wk
        in summer '62 and the next time I was back was in '64.
        At that time I was told that he was in the Jacksonville
        area and it's my understanding that that's where he met
        Duane & Greg Allman. (Many yrs later I sat in with them
        on a Mon night at the Whiskey in Hollywood). I've never
        heard that the 2nd Coming was based in Bradenton, though
        I certainly can't rule it out.

        Gary E. Myers / MusicGem
        http://www.music-gem.com/index.html