The new BAV MAGAZINE SPECTROSCOPY

  • daliahmaus
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 5, 2017

      The new BAV MAGAZINE SPECTROSCOPY

      Dear colleagues!

      The international growing interest within the field of the amateur research of Variable Stars in astronomical  spectroscopy,  did lead in close co-operation with the BAV executive committee to a publication organ titled "BAV MAGAZINE SPECTROSCOPY" (BAV = Bundesdeutsche Arbeitsgemeinschaft Veränderliche Sterne). This English / German online magazine is available now in its first edition as free of charge download under:

      http://www.bav-astro.eu/index.php/veroeffentlichungen/bav-magazine-spectrocopy/issues-of-magazine

      Ernst Pollmann

    • jackmartinuk60
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 5, 2017

        Ernst et al,

        An excellent first publication.

        THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS.

        Regards,

        Jack

        Essex UK

      • ewiley4
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 5, 2017
          This looks like a very nice new publication. Any chance to publish it in a format where we could use Google Translate? Apologies, I read French, Spanish and Dutch (and English of course) but never got around to German. :( Maybe I should. :)

          Ed Wiley
        • daliahmaus
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 5, 2017
            Hi Ed,
            I regret, but there is no possibility at the moment to translate.

            Ernst
          • daniel Verilhac
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 6, 2017
              Hello Ed and other!

              I don't speak german also and my english is poor.... but...
              in the web you can find many tools to do it. It's not simple, but it works (sometimes..)

              Ask your browser (not your brother)  with:  OCR on line.
              You will have answers like:

              https://www.onlineocr.net/

              I use this sometime, it (can) works.

              You will surely find something to help you!

              step 1: translate PDF in text format.  (or with a  JPEG or other "screen copy"
              step 2:  use Google translate...

              Sure... it's a little bit long... but it's possible.  (and be carefull to the translation !!! :-) )

              Good luck

              Daniel

              :-) A joke: Only for french people of more than 50 years old...(sorry it's untranslatable)

              "J'ai appris l'anglais avec la méthode Assimil, j'aurais dû prendre celle à 10.000 je parlerais mieux"

              This looks like a very nice new publication. Any chance to publish it in a format where we could use Google Translate? Apologies, I read French, Spanish and Dutch (and English of course) but never got around to German. :( Maybe I should. :)

              Ed Wiley

            • Dick Post
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 6, 2017

                To translate the German article to any language, save the magazine and use Google translate suppling the whole document.  I selected to translate German to English and it translated the article in German to English with the English articles as they were.

                Dick

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 6, 2017
                  Dick,

                  Thanks for that useful tip.

                  Regards,

                  Jack Essex UK

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 8, 2017
                    Submission of contributions

                    I would like to invite everyone to report about observation results or spectroscopic experiments in that new magazine.

                    Submitted articles are checked by a team of referees.

                    Ernst

                  • stsci10
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 16, 2017
                      Just to let you know! A possible alternative is the well known VdS journal SPEKTRUM. The last two issues can be found at

                      http://spektroskopie.fg-vds.de/pdf/Spektrum50.pdf
                      and
                      http://spektroskopie.fg-vds.de/pdf/Spektrum51.pdf

                      SPEKTRUM is the oldest amateur journal, bilingual and the only fully refereed one (referees remain unknown). Its visibility is still unbeaten and the VdS spectroscopy section as the biggest group in Germany is highly interested to read your articles. So, it would be great if you could present you knowledge in SPEKTRUM

                      Cherio, Thomas
                    • jmgoldba
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 16, 2017
                        Thanks for the links. It'd be nice to notify the group when new issues become available.
                        -Jesse
                      • stsci10
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jun 18, 2017
                          That's right, Jesse! In case I forget you can always find all SPEKTRUM issues at http://spektroskopie.fg-vds.de/index_e.htm => Our Journal including publishing guidelines. Presently we are discussing a new mentoring program to help new authors with their publications. You can see our ongoing discussions and activities in our discussion forum at http://forum.vdsastro.de/viewforum.php?f=38. Don't hesitate to be with us. We especially appreciate anglophone colleagues.
                          Cherio, Thomas