OT: Copying a hard drive

  • Adrian Earnshaw
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hi,

      Slight off topic question, I think I know the answer but want some
      clarification before I spend time doing it. Currently I have all my
      VST's on one drive but am now running out of space (it's a 250gb drive),
      so I am treating myself to a 1TB drive. I would like to check that I am
      right in thinking if I copy the contents of the 250GB straight to the
      1TB one I shouldn't need to reauthorise my plugins.

      The drive letter won't change as I will copy the contents across using a
      hard drive docking station then take out the 250GB drive and replace it
      with the 1TB one.

      Thanks in advance

      Adrian
      www.biodiode.com