How do I deal with a bridal party who just wont cooperate??

  • chaos_02_84
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2007
      I am extremely frusterated. My fiance and I are getting married in 3
      months, and his groomsmen seem to think its a big joke. My bridesmaids
      already have their dresses, but the groomsmen don't want to go rent
      their tuxedos. All they have to do is go get the measurments and thats
      it. We're having an out of town wedding so that makes it more
      complicated too. I have to be twice as organized about everything
      because its not going to be local. And how do I remind the bridal
      party, this is OUR wedding so its OUR rules. Not that they can invite
      people the groom and I don't know?! I'm frusterated. Please help.
    • meilena_h
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2007
        --- In specialkgroupforbrides@yahoogroups.com, "chaos_02_84"
        <chaos_02_84@...> wrote:

        > I am extremely frusterated. My fiance and I are getting married in 3
        > months, and his groomsmen seem to think its a big joke. My bridesmaids
        > already have their dresses, but the groomsmen don't want to go rent
        > their tuxedos. All they have to do is go get the measurments and thats
        > it. We're having an out of town wedding so that makes it more
        > complicated too. I have to be twice as organized about everything
        > because its not going to be local. And how do I remind the bridal
        > party, this is OUR wedding so its OUR rules. Not that they can invite
        > people the groom and I don't know?! I'm frusterated. Please help.

        You are extremely RIGHT, unless your groomsmen or bridesmaids are
        forking the bill for your wedding, they really don't have a say on how
        it is organized or performed. You can be nice and still get your
        point across. Organize a time for the men to get measured, set a
        date, maybe even a dinner if it is feasible. As far as bridesmaids or
        grooms inviting their own guests, simply explain the catering has
        already been given a number of people attending and you can only allow
        for each member of the bridal party to have one guest accompany them.
        Apologize for any inconvenience and people will not feel as
        threatened by your response.

        Let us know the outcome!:)

        Meilena
      • neenejr@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 27, 2007
          I agree. I would have a bridal party fitting party. Your bridal party deserve a thank you anyway for agreeing to be such a special part of your special day. Why not get everyone together for an informal dinner and go get everyone measured. Use evite.com to keep track of everyone's availability and yet let them know the expectation is fitting and then dinner in an informal way. Make a cake that looks like a measuring tape. Make a cheese wheel pincushion. Have fun. Get creative! But it gets the point across this will be done today but we'll have fun doing it. Just go informal and make it fun so your bridal party doesn't get alienated. Good luck!
          ~Neene

          --- Meilena wrote:

          > --- In specialkgroupforbrides@yahoogroups.com, "chaos_02_84"
          > <chaos_02_84@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I am extremely frusterated. My fiance and I are getting married in 3
          > > months, and his groomsmen seem to think its a big joke. My bridesmaids
          > > already have their dresses, but the groomsmen don't want to go rent
          > > their tuxedos. All they have to do is go get the measurments and thats
          > > it. We're having an out of town wedding so that makes it more
          > > complicated too. I have to be twice as organized about everything
          > > because its not going to be local. And how do I remind the bridal
          > > party, this is OUR wedding so its OUR rules. Not that they can invite
          > > people the groom and I don't know?! I'm frusterated. Please help.
          > >

          > You are extremely RIGHT, unless your groomsmen or bridesmaids are
          > forking the bill for your wedding, they really don't have a say on how
          > it is organized or performed. You can be nice and still get your
          > point across. Organize a time for the men to get measured, set a
          > date, maybe even a dinner if it is feasible. As far as bridesmaids or
          > grooms inviting their own guests, simply explain the catering has
          > already been given a number of people attending and you can only allow
          > for each member of the bridal party to have one guest accompany them.
          > Apologize for any inconvenience and people will not feel as
          > threatened by your response.
          >
          > Let us know the outcome!:)
          >
          > Meilena

        • Beth McCabe
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 28, 2007
            I am getting married in 4 months and my fiance still hasn't picked his last grooms man or looked at a tux.