Hello!

  • ssaggco
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 9, 2008
      I am new to the site. I just joined today. I am getting married in
      April 2010. My fiance is leaving for Afghanistan for a year next week.
      I have a year or so to lose about 70 lbs. I am going to do the special
      k diet, but was also wondering if anyone has ever tried slimquick? I
      was thinking of maybe trying that as well. I am 23 and weigh 236.5lbs.
      I have been over weight all my life, but we want to have a weddingmoon
      in Jamaica when he gets home so I want to look my best, and wear a
      bikini for the first time.
    • Amy Shorts
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 11, 2008
        well I think to be honest- if you have medical coverage - go see a nutritionist first to discuss your weight loss goals and see what options they advise.  The reason I'm saying that is I only wanted to lose about 10lbs and I do exercise and don't eat bad stuff - honestly.  So I thought this diet might be easier to deal with as its not so restrictive however...I found that I was hungry and it is just a cut in calories.  If I may suggest something to get you started... When you get up in the morning start a log of everything you eat for that day- do  it for a week and take a look at what your eating and how much- you might be able to curve some calories...example: just in soda if you drink alot of it.  These are the things that a nutritionist can help you with.  Three years ago I had gone on a slim4life diet and its basically high protein/lowcarb&Fat and I lost 30lbs and have kept it off.  I learned alot about foods and how to eat better.  It was expensive to do but it was well worth it.  I don't know you but everyone deserves to reach their goals so whatever you choose to try to lose it make sure its a healthy way so that you stay well and keep it off after you have lost it. Good luck!

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 15, 2009
          Hello my name is Brittany and i have tried slimquick but i was not on
          anything else so i of sourse did not lose the weight. but if i think i
          would have been seriuos about it i probally would have lose some
          weight. but i too have been overweight all my life and i'm gettin
          married in May 23, 2009 and i really want to lose like 30lbs because
          my husband and i are having our honeymoon in jamaica i want to look
          beautiful i know my husband thinks i'm beautiful all ready but i want
          to yake his breath away when he sees me in my wedding gown and
          birthday suit.lol so could we be buddies and do this together?
          --- In specialkgroupforbrides@yahoogroups.com, "ssaggco" <ssaggco@...>
          wrote:

          > I am new to the site. I just joined today. I am getting married in
          > April 2010. My fiance is leaving for Afghanistan for a year next week.
          > I have a year or so to lose about 70 lbs. I am going to do the special
          > k diet, but was also wondering if anyone has ever tried slimquick? I
          > was thinking of maybe trying that as well. I am 23 and weigh 236.5lbs.
          > I have been over weight all my life, but we want to have a weddingmoon
          > in Jamaica when he gets home so I want to look my best, and wear a
          > bikini for the first time.

        • MISTY GOLDEN
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 15, 2009
            I have seen the advertisement for slimquick. Please let me know what you mean when you say if you had been on something else it may have worked?

            > Hello my name is Brittany and i have tried slimquick but i
            > was not on
            > anything else so i of sourse did not lose the weight. but
            > if i think i
            > would have been seriuos about it i probally would have lose
            > some
            > weight. but i too have been overweight all my life and
            > i'm gettin
            > married in May 23, 2009 and i really want to lose like
            > 30lbs because
            > my husband and i are having our honeymoon in jamaica i want
            > to look
            > beautiful i know my husband thinks i'm beautiful all
            > ready but i want
            > to yake his breath away when he sees me in my wedding gown
            > and
            > birthday suit.lol so could we be buddies and do this
            > together?
            > --- In specialkgroupforbrides@yahoogroups.com,
            > "ssaggco" <ssaggco@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I am new to the site. I just joined today. I am
            > getting married in
            > > April 2010. My fiance is leaving for Afghanistan for a
            > year next week.
            > > I have a year or so to lose about 70 lbs. I am going
            > to do the special
            > > k diet, but was also wondering if anyone has ever
            > tried slimquick? I
            > > was thinking of maybe trying that as well. I am 23 and
            > weigh 236.5lbs.
            > > I have been over weight all my life, but we want to
            > have a weddingmoon
            > > in Jamaica when he gets home so I want to look my
            > best, and wear a
            > > bikini for the first time.

          • Gabby Sterling
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 15, 2009