Re: Introduce Yourself

  • Julie Polito
    Message 1 of 21 , May 1, 2007
      Hi Jean! Welcome!

      Wow, a wedding, a job, and four kids? You are busy!! Starting a
      weight-loss plan can be challenging if you have a lot on your plate
      (so to speak). But stick with it--you'll find that your full life will
      actually help you lose weight. No time to sit around and eat bon-bons!

      Best of luck with your wedding plans! Tell us about your dress!
    • teshawn05
      Message 2 of 21 , May 1, 2007
        Hi! My name is Kiara and I am a full-time student. I do not plan on
        getting married for another year. My goal is to get back into shape
        b/c those freshman fifteen really do add-up. 20 lbs is what I want to
        achieve by the end of the summer. I need all the menus and help I can
        get. I have a very busy life so I'd rather eat out, but I am making a
        more conscious effort to cook and eat at home. So please help!!!
      • kelsie_williams
        Message 3 of 21 , May 3, 2007
          Hey everyone! I am Kelsie and I am getting married in 5 months. I
          have lost about 15lbs so far and would like to lose another 10 - 20. I
          look forward to learning all kinds of new tips!
        • ballgirl029
          Message 4 of 21 , May 4, 2007
            Hi there,

            My name is Dot and I am getting married in 85 days......I am wondering
            how the buddy system works
          • teshawn05
            Message 5 of 21 , May 4, 2007
              Kelsie,

              Just wondering, how did you lose that 15 lbs. Cuz 15-20 lbs is my goal.
            • nicolederrell
              Message 6 of 21 , May 5, 2007

                Hi Dot My name Is Nicole and i am not really sure how it works but i
                am getting married on july 28.How is the diet going for you so far .
              • nicolederrell
                Message 7 of 21 , May 5, 2007
                  Hi my name is nicole ,and I am getting married in july, so not far away
                  and i can not wait.
                • Julie Polito
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 7, 2007
                    Hi Dot, hi everyone,

                    Welcome!

                    The buddy system is a great way to gain even more support in your
                    weight loss journey. You can post here that you want a support
                    buddy--that can be anyone from an email pal to a walking partner in
                    your area--and connect with another individual or two to track your
                    progress together and boost morale. It really helps to have someone
                    else who knows what you are going through and that is working for a
                    common goal.

                    In fact, I will start a topic in here for those looking for buddies.
                    You can post that you are looking and where you live and any other
                    qualifications, and then email each other to work out the particulars.

                    Good luck!
                    Julie

                    --- In specialkgroupforbrides@yahoogroups.com, "ballgirl029"
                    <dot29@...> wrote:

                    > Hi there,
                    >
                    > My name is Dot and I am getting married in 85 days......I am wondering
                    > how the buddy system works

                  • ebowers26
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 9, 2007
                      Hi Nicole I'm Erica ,I and getting married in october and so far, i
                      have lost 6lbs in a week in a half so, far it is working!
                    • ebowers26
                      Message 10 of 21 , May 10, 2007
                        I want to lose 15-20lbs, thats my goal. But, I started the diest a week
                        ago and have lost 6lbs. I just did the ceral and a reasonable meal with
                        lost of water!
                      • ebowers26
                        Message 11 of 21 , May 10, 2007
                          Hey, Kelsie I am Erica and I am getting married in 163 days. I have
                          lost 6lbs so far and I want to lose a total of 15-20lbs. Did u lose the
                          15lbs on special K?
                        • thats on a need to know basis
                          Message 12 of 21 , May 24, 2007
                            Hello all!

                            My name is Millicent from Chicago, IL. I will be walking down the aisle
                            on June 19...ahem '08. I'm happy because I know this gives me much time
                            to work on my health and my body and be in good practice by the time I
                            say "I DO". I'm 5'3 and desire to lose a good 20 pounds, tone my body
                            and improve my health. I just finished my last year of college so you
                            can believe the un-healthy eating habits I've picked up. I'm here to
                            bounce myself back to where I need to be!!!
                          • lizard72005
                            Message 13 of 21 , Jun 9 2:39 AM
                              Hello my name is Elizabeth an I am from Columbus, ohio. I will be
                              walking down the aisle November 22, 2008. I know I have lots of time
                              but I also have lots of weight I would like to loose. Im hoping that
                              being on here I can find the support I need to finally stick to
                              something. my fiance will be out of town for 3 months and I wont get
                              to see him. I am hoping that when he gets back I will be about
                              10-15lbs lighter. That is my goal at least.
                              If anyone has any advice please let me know. what makes things harder
                              is I work 3rd shift and go to school full time, I have a lot of
                              temptation to just run thru wendy's than to pack something healthy...HELP.

                              Thanks and I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say.
                            • wolfpackgrad2005
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 10, 2007
                                Hi, my name is Jacqueline, I am not planning on getting married for
                                another year or 2. I do want to lose about 100lbs I am doing good so
                                far almost lost 30lbs. Well I am a full time student in the USA at the
                                moment where as my fiance is in the UK which depresses me quite alot.
                                But life needs to go on...
                              • klmarsh10@yahoo.com
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jan 1, 2008
                                  Hi Everyone,
                                  My name is Kimberly. I am getting married for the first time on August 8, 2008. I am a 35 year old mother of an 11 year old daughter. My goal is to lose 100lbs. I am very obese for my 5'6 frame and I am excited about this challenge. It is also great to have communication with women who share the same things. Happy New Year to every one.

                                • neenejr@yahoo.com
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Jan 2, 2008
                                    Good luck with your weightloss efforts.

                                    --- Kimberly M wrote:

                                    > Hi Everyone,
                                    > My name is Kimberly. I am getting married for the first time on August 8, 2008. I am a 35 year old mother of an 11 year old daughter. My goal is to lose 100lbs. I am very obese for my 5'6 frame and I am excited about this challenge. It is also great to have communication with women who share the same things. Happy New Year to every one.
                                    >
                                    > --- Jacqueline B wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > Hi, my name is Jacqueline, I am not planning on getting married for
                                    > > another year or 2. I do want to lose about 100lbs I am doing good so
                                    > > far almost lost 30lbs. Well I am a full time student in the USA at the
                                    > > moment where as my fiance is in the UK which depresses me quite alot.
                                    > > But life needs to go on...

                                  • Jennifer Palmer
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Jan 3, 2008
                                      I am glad u all are serious about losing weight . . I am tryingto loose weight u all only use special k??? Or what is ur plans . . .i dont know here to start
                                    • klmarsh10@yahoo.com
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Jan 4, 2008
                                        I have started walking 2 miles a day and drinking alot more water to curb my appetite. I am going to start the Special K this weekend. I printed the 2 week plan off the internet to give me a guide. I am a teacher and often I snack on the wrong things. The plan will help me stay on track. Maybe that will help you also.

                                        Good Luck.

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Jan 6, 2008
                                          I'm using a combination method. Some days I do the SpecialK thing. I am also using diettv.com. They match a diet plan for you. I chose the French Don't Get Fat Diet. But I've only been working on this for a few days. So I don't know how it is working. I did take off 2 pounds. But I'm only just beginning. Trying to drink more water as I know that helps. Good luck with your own weight loss journey!