Re: wedding date & goal weight

  • meilena_h@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 1, 2008
      I honestly don't trust any pills for weight loss, seems a lot of them have ingredients that contain stimulants. I have also know a lot of overweight relatives, and pills never seemed to help them, only caused more symptoms. If you are wanting to take that route I would consult a doctor, but unless you are in the weight range a doctor considers to be obese then they probably would just advise dietary changes and exercise.

      Meilena

    • XxPrincesa69xX@aol.com
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 4 8:36 PM
        Hey everyone..I'm starting the diet tomorrow..i went tonight and bought 3 different types of cereals..i dont like the protein bars or snack bars..so im just going to stick to cereal and fruit...My wedding is October 2009, so i have more than a year to lose 45 lbs. What do you guys think?! Possible?!..HOPEFULLY!!!..well..WISH ME luch..by the way..im hitting the gym to..any workout ideas for a beginner?!

      • meilena_h@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 5 5:14 AM
          Wow, you go girl, I think that is plenty of time to lose the weight :) Aerobic workouts are great, but if you can't do that, just start out on the treadmill, you will be amazed on how sore your muscles will get from that alone.

          Meilena

        • gavnlex_1719@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 5 5:24 PM
            I think that is a great goal!. mine is about the same 45 pounds to lose by july 09. my wedding is september 5th but i think i need to give my seemstress time to make all of the alterations. I'm new by the way. hello future brides! good luck

          • virtueouswoman4u@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 5 5:24 PM
              yesgirl u can do it, i have lost 23 lbs since june by working out and just watchung what i eat no harsh or strict diet .. good luck 2 u

              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 10 7:59 AM
                Tamika,

                Congratulation son losing 23 lbs!! That is great.

                Meilena

              • sparklinglindsay@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Apr 8, 2008
                  Ok So Im getting married Aug 16th and I just had a babygirl 7 months ago- I was pretty in shape before I got prego and I gained 60 POUNDS while prego I still have yet to drop the last 30... I have never had to work to lost weight before so I guess Im kinda lost!?! I started Special K today and I dont feel hungry although eating unhealthy is never really my problem its mostly I dont have time to workout since I work full time and have a babygirl and I just dont have much extra time... anyone have any ideas to help me??

                  Lindsay

                • its2mell@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 9, 2008
                    Use your time with your daughter to exercise. Take her to the park, babys love to swing. Push her in a carriage around the neighborhood, etc. Get creative and think of ways to incorperate it into your day. If you are changing her diaper on the floor, do some push ups when your done. You're down there already why not? Pop in an exercise video for 20min while shes taking a nap atc. Hope these suggestions help!

                  • kamekiarodgers@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 18, 2008
                      hello

                      i'm also new to the boards. i started the challenge a couple of days ago, i'm so excited!

                      My wedding is July 19th...and i want to lose about 15-20 lbs. by then has anyone ever lost that much weight or more in that time period?

                    • samanthaenderby@yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 21, 2008
                        hi i thought it was only me leaving last minute weight loss. I get married 30th may in cyprus so i not only do i have to look good in my dress but also in a bikini infront of all my guests. i have managed to loose seven pounds through healthy eating and exercise but i have come to a standstill now so i thought i would try special k, started it friday and strugling but only just read that i can have two snacks aswell, sooo excited.
                        i think we can do this together as we both obly have a short time left.

                      • sml057@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 21, 2008
                          Hey"! My wedding is May 30, 2009.. so I have about a year to loose 30 pounds.

                        • highland_dancer04@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 23, 2008
                            Hey!
                            Just saw your message. Okay May 24th is about a month away. I think realistically you can lose 10 pounds by around that date. Aim for a little before, because you'll probably need an inch taken in on your dress!! 10 pounds will be a challenge but that's a whole dress size!! It just depends on where you're at currently. For me, I'm not overweight, but I do want to lose a few pounds before the big day and my body is being really stubborn so keep that in mind if you already are at a "healthy weight" for your height. Just don't cheat!! The Special K diet is really easy :) Just remember that no matter what, you will be the most beautiful woman anywhere in the world the day you get married! Good Luck!

                            --- bride wrote:

                            > Hi everyone,
                            >
                            > I'm new to the boards. Just started the challenge today!
                            >
                            > So when is everyone getting married, and what is your goal weight?
                            >
                            > My wedding is on May 24th....and I'm hoping to lose about 20 lbs by then. Do you think that's realistic?

                          • stacy fonseca
                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 25, 2008
                              hi i am also getting married on may 24th and i am almost at my goal weight but i have found that as it gets closer i am finding less time to eat. any suggestions

                              stacy

                              --- Lindsay B wrote:

                              > Ok So Im getting married Aug 16th and I just had a babygirl 7 months ago- I was pretty in shape before I got prego and I gained 60 POUNDS while prego I still have yet to drop the last 30... I have never had to work to lost weight before so I guess Im kinda lost!?! I started Special K today and I dont feel hungry although eating unhealthy is never really my problem its mostly I dont have time to workout since I work full time and have a babygirl and I just dont have much extra time... anyone have any ideas to help me??
                              >
                              > Lindsay
                              >
                              > --- bride wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hi everyone,
                              > >
                              > > I'm new to the boards. Just started the challenge today!
                              > >
                              > > So when is everyone getting married, and what is your goal weight?
                              > >
                              > > My wedding is on May 24th....and I'm hoping to lose about 20 lbs by then. Do you think that's realistic?

                            • fishcake2001
                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 15, 2008
                                --- In specialkgroupforbrides@yahoogroups.com, picopuertoslover
                                <no_reply@...> wrote:

                                > Hi everyone,
                                >
                                > I'm new to the boards. Just started the challenge today!
                                >
                                > So when is everyone getting married, and what is your goal weight?
                                >
                                > My wedding is on May 24th....and I'm hoping to lose about 20 lbs by
                                then. Do you think that's realistic?

                                Hi Everyone,

                                Im also new to the boards.

                                I am getting married on the 15 November 2008. I need to lose about 7
                                kilograms by then. Can anyone suggest an eating plan that can assist
                                me on this ?
                              • Erika
                                Message 15 of 24 , Sep 29, 2008
                                  Hi I just decided to try the Special K diet and I am starting
                                  tomorrow. I am getting married in 9 months (June 27, 2009). I
                                  ordered my dress already but I would like to lose 10-15 pounds. Is
                                  this diet meant to be just for two weeks or will it continue to work
                                  longer? Has anyone seen success yet?
                                • larabell257
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Oct 4, 2008
                                    My wedding is June 13, 2009 and I want to lose about 20 lbs... I hope
                                    I can do it. I will also be working out (if I can stick with it).

                                    <no_reply@...> wrote:

                                    > Hi everyone,
                                    >
                                    > I'm new to the boards. Just started the challenge today!
                                    >
                                    > So when is everyone getting married, and what is your goal weight?
                                    >
                                    > My wedding is on May 24th....and I'm hoping to lose about 20 lbs by
                                    then. Do you think that's realistic?

                                  • richard appleyard
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Oct 4, 2008
                                      you have 9 months to lose that 20 maybe bit more nine months should it easy.just remeber eat sensible and do power walks i use a handheld magellan gps and use that to time myself between the differnt waypoints i have programmed i do 2 miles in 40 minutes and if i take longer than expected to reach the half mile i pick up the pace and i also know what my speed is i average just over3mph.you will look fab in your weeding gown.good luck love jenniferlyn

                                      To: specialkgroupforbrides@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: lbl32218@...
                                      Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 15:18:29 +0000
                                      Subject: [specialkgroupforbrides] Re: wedding date & goal weight

                                      <no_reply@.. .> wrote:

                                      > Hi everyone,
                                      >
                                      > I'm new to the boards. Just started the challenge today!
                                      >
                                      > So when is everyone getting married, and what is your goal weight?
                                      >
                                      > My wedding is on May 24th....and I'm hoping to lose about 20 lbs by
                                      then. Do you think that's realistic?

                                      Use Windows Live Messenger to send messages to your buddies on their mobile phones Find out more on our PC to Mobile website
                                    • kryshondra wright
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Oct 4, 2008

                                        Congrats. You really have to want to lose the weight and keep it off. I was a little hungry on th special k diet. I tried other diets as well. I started at 215 and i am 175 now my goal is 160. I get married on Nov. 15, 2008. Good luck

                                      • Josette
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Oct 9, 2008
                                          I am new to the challenge. I will be starting it next week. I try to
                                          find different ways to workout, I am just not consistent. I like to
                                          workout with people and have personal trainers that are telling me what
                                          I need to do. I just can't afford it. No one I know has the time to go
                                          to the gym with me. I need that extra push. I am getting married July
                                          2009. I want to lose 30lbs. by then.