Hello, I'm a new member

  • tinesangel
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 3, 2001
      My 5 yr. old daughter was born with a congenital
      heart defect called Truncus Arteriosus. She has had one
      open heart surgery thus far at the age of 1 month.
      There will be several more in her life time. Looking
      forward to meeting and chatting with you all. My email is
      tinesangel@...<br>~Christine~
    • cimnutty
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 31, 2001
        Hi All,<br>My five year old son was diagnosed
        with supraventricular tachycardia. On a recent Holter
        monitor there was evidence of three episodes in a day
        with heart rates of 200 bpm. <br><br>I have searched
        the internet for some form of support group and this
        is the closest thing I've come across. Although
        arrhythmias are claimed to be a common occurrence in
        children, I haven't found one listing under any headings in
        Childrens' Health type forums. <br><br>If I'm in the right
        place, please let me know, or if you have any other
        options I might try, please forward them on. I need to
        find someone to vent to, understand and field
        questions so I don't transfer any of my anxiety to my son.
      • green_eyed9286
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 9 11:17 AM
          I know a club that is perfect for every heart defect but let me find it. sorry. i forgot to join it under this s.n. but yah i will post it like real soon i promise.
        • green_eyed9286
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 9 11:43 AM
            here we
            heart defects and you can find somemore. thank you. i
            hope this helps
          • amyandjames13_99
            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 14 10:34 PM
              HELLO EVERYONE MY NAME IS AMY . I HAVE A SON THAT
              WAS DIAGNOSED WITH TETROLOGY OF FALLOT THE DAY AFTER
              HE WAS BORN . HE HAS ALREADY HAD ONE OPEN HEART
              SURGERY . HE IS MY LITTLE ANGEL HE ALSO HAS A CONDITION
              CALLED PHIEFFER SYNDROM WHICH HE HAS HAD RECONSTRUTIVE
              SKULL SURGERY FOR AND WE ARE PLANING TO HAVE MORE
              SURGERIES .. I AM REALLY JUST NOW LOOKING FOR THINGS ABOUT
              HIS HEART DEFECT ANS WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT
              THERE IS ALSO GOING THROUGH WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH ..
              I FEEL AT SOMETIMES LIKE A M THE ONLY ONE WHOSE
              EVERY BEEN THROUGHT THIS BUT I KNOW THATS NOT TRUE . AM
              LOOKING FOR SUPPORT FROM ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP ME
              GET THROUGH ALL THIS THANKS ALOT AND GOD BLESS YOU
              ALL
            • huffman3shoney1
              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 26, 2001
                Sorry it has taken so long for us to reply to
                your messages...We have been really busy lately...My
                wife had a baby on January 1, and then my sister in
                law had a baby on January 24, 2 months early, and on
                february 20 my brother and his wife had a little boy, who
                has been in the hospital for two weeks...We will be
                on line on Saturday afternoon around 5:00 eastern
                time
              • huffman3shoney1
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 26, 2001
                  Hey. i am sorry to hear about your son...Brian
                  and I decided to make this club to help people who
                  were going through life with heart problems or for the
                  family of people with heart defects... We will be on
                  line Saturday afternoon after 5:00 eastern if you
                  would like to chat with us... I am special hearts wife,
                  Stephanie
                • huffman3shoney1
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 26, 2001
                    Well I actually had the baby...I did not realize that Brian had logged in under me....special hearts and I are married and have 3 little girls..so may be you are not to confused...LOL
                  • huffman3shoney1
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 26, 2001
                      Hey Christine...my name is Stephanie and I am
                      married to special hearts, Brian. We apoligize for the
                      time it has taken us to reply to your messages but we
                      had a baby on 01-01-01, and then on January 24 my
                      sister had a baby 2 months early, and on February 20 my
                      sister in law had a baby who has been in the hospital
                      for two weeks. We will be on line to chat on Saturday
                      afternoon around 5:00 eastern time..Hope to see you
                      there.<br>Stephanie
                    • huffman3shoney1
                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 26, 2001
                        Libby, <br>We will be happy to let you vent to
                        us..Brian, special hearts, and I have been through 6 open
                        heart surgeries and numerous caths...We will also try
                        to find some info on SVT in peds..My sister may have
                        some info...she was a neonatal ICU nurse and now works
                        in the emergency department. We apoligize for the
                        delay for the response but we have been a little
                        busy... ON 01-01-01 we had our third daughter , on
                        01-24-01 my sister had a little boy 2 months early, and on
                        02-20-01 my sister in law had a little boy who has spent
                        the last two weeks in the hospital...We will be on
                        line Saturday afternoon after 5:00 eastern if you
                        would like to talk with us
                      • kaitlynns_mommy
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 22, 2001
                          I am a new member and would like to intorduce
                          myself.... My name is Kristin and I am a mom of a Heart
                          baby... My daughter Kaitlynn was born with VSD , Severe
                          pulmonary stenosis, and doulbe right outlet venticale, she
                          has had 3 open hearts so far and is coming up for
                          another this year. I am I am looking for some friends
                          that I might be able to chat with about this so if
                          your intrerested in talking just email me.
                        • zed4jc
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 1, 2008
                            --- In specialhearts@yahoogroups.com, tinesangel wrote:

                            > My 5 yr. old daughter was born with a congenital
                            > heart defect called Truncus Arteriosus. She has had one
                            > open heart surgery thus far at the age of 1 month.
                            > There will be several more in her life time. Looking
                            > forward to meeting and chatting with you all. My email is
                            > tinesangel@...<br>~Christine~

                            Hi,

                            I'm from the Philippines and my wife just gave birth to a babay girl
                            diagnosed with truncus arteriosus. I would be very interested on the
                            condition of your daughter after these years? Appreciate your reply.
                            Thanks.

                            Jed