RE: [spcc] Need a Sub?

  • NMarriott@sjm.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 3 11:16 AM
      My thoughts ditto that of Splashes. One intangible that comes into play. A
      sub has not played on your team for the whole year, and for many teams, that
      in itself is an immediate disadvantage to matter how good he or she is.
      This especially holds true for some of the more competitive open league and
      super league teams.

      What I mean be this is that throughout the year, your skip (and other
      players) get used to each players habits, take-out weights, sweeping etc. A
      sub can just "jump in" and know all of that. Thus, I think it is quite
      difficult (unless you get a TRUE ringer) to get a sub who would make your
      team stronger than the original base team.

      There is no way to enforce a 100% fair system, unless you have each and
      every team declare a "fifth player". I think we have to remember what
      curling is all about - having fun.

      ...and subs tend to want to drink more beer after subbing for you too!