Member Poll: Web Site

  • NMarriott@sjm.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2003
      We now have 97 members on this e-mail list. A invitation was initially sent
      to about 650 members who supplied e-mail addresses.

      Shortly, we will be forming a committee to continue to make improvements to
      our registration process using the web site. Many of you had questions that
      were e-mailed directly to me regarding improvements, errors, or
      clarifications. I would like to hear back from people who USED the web to
      register, at let me know the following:

      When using the WEB to register at the beginning of the year:

      1) Were you 100% confident that your registration information would be
      retained and received properly by the curling club?
      2) Given the choice, would you rather register on-line in the fall of
      2003, or by mail?
      3) What other information would you like to see available on the web
      site?
      4) Do you feel that your personal information (ie name, phone number,
      e-mail address) - which is available in the Members Only area is properly
      secured? Or were you concerned about that information being on the web?
      5) If credit card payment was available at the time of registration,
      and the site had the appropriate "security" - would you consider submitting
      payment via the web?
      6) What kind of registration options do you feel were MISSING from
      last years registration form?
      See http://www.stpaulcurlingclub.org/spcc/final_registration.html (do NOT
      register anything!) at let me know what should be changed.
      7) Do you visit the website periodically to read the "Announcement and
      News" section on the home page?
      8) Do you find the information in the Members Only area useful (ie Sub
      List, Member Listing, etc)?

      Send replies back to this e-mail list itself so that others can read (and
      possibly add) to what you might have to say.

      *****************************
      This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged,
      confidential or legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not a named
      addressee, you are notified that you are not authorized to read, print,
      retain, copy or disseminate this communication without the consent of the
      sender and that doing so may be unlawful. If you have received this
      communication in error, please notify the sender via return e-mail and
      delete it from your computer. Thank you. St. Jude Medical, Inc.
    • Wayne
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 5, 2003
        1) Were you 100% confident that your registration information would be
        retained and received properly by the curling club?

        Was reasonably sure. Would have liked a little more confirmation since I
        was a new member. Also since I asked to be placed on a team it would have
        been nice to know which team I was on.

        2) Given the choice, would you rather register on-line in the fall of
        2003, or by mail?

        On-line

        3) What other information would you like to see available on the web
        site?

        Section where people who are looking for teams can exchange e-mail
        addresses. This may be of most use for new members like me.

        4) Do you feel that your personal information (ie name, phone number,
        e-mail address) - which is available in the Members Only area is properly
        secured? Or were you concerned about that information being on the web?

        Not concerned.

        5) If credit card payment was available at the time of registration,
        and the site had the appropriate "security" - would you consider submitting
        payment via the web?

        Yep. Would almost need a shopping cart type system to make sure dues
        calculation correct.

        6) What kind of registration options do you feel were MISSING from
        last years registration form?
        See http://www.stpaulcurlingclub.org/spcc/final_registration.html (do NOT
        register anything!) at let me know what should be changed.

        7) Do you visit the website periodically to read the "Announcement and
        News" section on the home page?

        Generally no.

        8) Do you find the information in the Members Only area useful (ie Sub
        List, Member Listing, etc)?

        Yes. Have used it several times.