Six-Principle Baptist is an historic denomination whose first congregation gathered in 1652 at Providence, Rhode Island. Within a short period of time Six-Principle churches were planted and conferences arose in Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania. Soon, the General Six-Principle Baptist Association was formed which was the first Baptist association of any kind in America.
Six-Principle Baptists have no ecclesiastically binding creed. They hold to the historic Baptist distinctive of Liberty of Conscience in matters of faith and practice. They believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour and accept the six principles found in Hebrews 6:1-2 as foundational concepts of faith and practice.
For more information about Six-Principle Baptists, go to spbaptists.info
- Dec 1, 2003
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.