Re: SFBA Meeting #2

  • JOE-from-Tampa- Florida-Num243
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
      It's going to be great one day when there are enough Sparrow owners
      out there that we can have a National Gathering of Sparrow Owners. I
      have a feeling that Sparrow owners will have to keep in touch for
      quite a while. I'm also glad to hear the impressions from the old
      style owners about the new Sparrow. How did the new seat seem etc.?
      JOE

      --- In sparrow_ev@egroups.com, "Edward Ang" <EdAng@m...> wrote:
      > I have just got back from the SFBA second gathering. It was a
      success. I
      > want to thank everyone that showed up. There were 4 Sparrows and 6
      owners
      > (1 future owner). I have uploaded the pictures we took. There >
      Owners showed up with Sparrow:
      > #37, Blue Shoe, Vivek Subramanian
      > #73, (no name?), Peter Carpenter
      > #83, Delta Flyer, Edward Ang
      > #101, Eleduck, Jim DeLaHunt & Ducky Sherwood
      >
      > Owner showed up without Sparrow:
      > #44 & #51, (no name?), Jeff Saunders - #44's controller blew, #51
      in factory
      > #113, (no name?), Ramon Curiel -- still waiting for the arrival
      >
      > Edward Ang
      > Delta Flyer (white #83)
    • Richard L. Barksdale
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
        Joe,

        I also look forward to future gatherings. As an owner of the
        original design, I also like the new look as well, and could envision
        owning both styles someday.

        Richard

        --- In sparrow_ev@egroups.com, "JOE-from-Tampa- Florida-Num243"
        <clubjoe@g...> wrote:
        > It's going to be great one day when there are enough Sparrow owners
        > out there that we can have a National Gathering of Sparrow Owners.
        > have a feeling that Sparrow owners will have to keep in touch for
        > quite a while. I'm also glad to hear the impressions from the old
        > style owners about the new Sparrow. How did the new seat seem etc.?

        > JOE
        >

        > --- In sparrow_ev@egroups.com, "Edward Ang" <EdAng@m...> wrote:
        > > I have just got back from the SFBA second gathering. It was a
        > success. I
        > > want to thank everyone that showed up. There were 4 Sparrows and
        6
        > owners
        > > (1 future owner). I have uploaded the pictures we took. There >
        > Owners showed up with Sparrow:
        > > #37, Blue Shoe, Vivek Subramanian
        > > #73, (no name?), Peter Carpenter
        > > #83, Delta Flyer, Edward Ang
        > > #101, Eleduck, Jim DeLaHunt & Ducky Sherwood
        > >
        > > Owner showed up without Sparrow:
        > > #44 & #51, (no name?), Jeff Saunders - #44's controller blew, #51
        > in factory
        > > #113, (no name?), Ramon Curiel -- still waiting for the arrival
        > >
        > > Edward Ang
        > > Delta Flyer (white #83)
      • Steven Johnson
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
          >I have just got back from the SFBA second gathering. It was a success. I

          Would it be possible to have (some) future gatherings just a wee bit
          further north?

          I'd like to attend but it's too far for me to make (from N. Oakland)...

          Steven Johnson, Sr. Engineer, Macromedia (sjohnson@...)
          --------
          "Computers are useless -- they can only give you answers." (Picasso)
        • Jeff Saunders
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2000
            So let's do this: Everyone recon locations within
            their range. Key to a good location: access to
            plug ins (this was a problem yesterday).

            Also, if someone has a Y cable and a 220v charger,
            consider locations with 220v charging. This could
            enable several Sparrow to get juice in short order.

            Peter Carpenter said he's charged in San Francisco.
            Perhaps a gathering somewhere in the City for
            those who can make it? Anyone know about charging in
            the City?

            - Jeff Saunders