Re: Re(2):[sparrow_ev] battery monitor product

  • etcadman
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2002
      I resently called PowerDesigners about this PowerTrac product. They
      explained that they are still in beta with some customers and might
      be getting this out to the market by the end of year.

      One of the big problems will be pricing. Each battery module will be
      about $40 and the central processor/unit/hub system for 10 batteries
      they plan on selling for $1200-$1300.

      So, for a Sparrow, when this product is available, will cost about
      $1300-$1350 to setup this monitoring system.

      -EdT

      --- In sparrow_ev@y..., "dallobs" <sdallob@p...> wrote:
      > Did anything ever happen with this? It would be very useful data...
      >
      > This was a very old thread I bumped...
      >
      > Seth

    • Wagner, Larry E.
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2002
        And you would still need the PowerCheq's as well. It would be great if
        they could combine the two products for monitoring and equalization.
        The Zivan Smoother does that, but you can't get one here in the states
        as earlier posts relate.

        I resently called PowerDesigners about this PowerTrac product. They
        explained that they are still in beta with some customers and might
        be getting this out to the market by the end of year.

        One of the big problems will be pricing. Each battery module will be
        about $40 and the central processor/unit/hub system for 10 batteries
        they plan on selling for $1200-$1300.

        So, for a Sparrow, when this product is available, will cost about
        $1300-$1350 to setup this monitoring system.

        -EdT

        --- In sparrow_ev@y..., "dallobs" <sdallob@p...> wrote:
        > Did anything ever happen with this? It would be very useful data...
        >
        > This was a very old thread I bumped...
        >
        > Seth

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
        083269:HM/A=847665/R=0/*http:/ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vbW9uc3RlcjcuZGF0=1014
        997251%3eM=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705083269:HM/A=
        847665/R=1>

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=215002.1818248.3328688.1261774/D=egrou
        pmail/S=1705083269:HM/A=847665/rand=276528673>

        <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .