Re: Zivan Temperature Probe

  • Brian Phillips
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 1, 2001
      --- In sparrow_ev@y..., "David Bock" <david@e...> wrote:

      > what you must be awair of is that if the probe should work loose
      > it wont alarm to warn you, it will assume you removed it and go on
      > a baking spree
      > Dave B
      > www.E2V.co.uk

      My NG3 charger will shut off if the probe is unplugged during
      charging or if the temperature is out of range. It will beep and the
      led will flash yellow.

      This alarm condition happented to me just tonight. Near the end of
      the equalization phase the charger started beeping, the led was
      flashing yellow and the charger shut off. The probe was plugged in,
      so it had to be the battery temperature. Tonight is the hottest night
      of the year so far, or pretty close to it.

      Brian Phillips
      VIN #206 (Gadget)
    • Wagner, Larry E.
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 1, 2001
        I guess the question then is will the charger kick back in when the pack
        cools down?

        > what you must be awair of is that if the probe should work loose
        > it wont alarm to warn you, it will assume you removed it and go on
        > a baking spree
        > Dave B
        > www.E2V.co.uk

        My NG3 charger will shut off if the probe is unplugged during
        charging or if the temperature is out of range. It will beep and the
        led will flash yellow.

        This alarm condition happented to me just tonight. Near the end of
        the equalization phase the charger started beeping, the led was
        flashing yellow and the charger shut off. The probe was plugged in,
        so it had to be the battery temperature. Tonight is the hottest night
        of the year so far, or pretty close to it.

        Brian Phillips
        VIN #206 (Gadget)

      • Davide Andrea
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 1, 2001
          --- In sparrow_ev@y..., "Wagner, Larry E." <wagnle@j...> wrote:
          > I guess the question then is will the charger kick back in when the pack cools down?

          No.

        • Wagner, Larry E.
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 1, 2001
            I have a feeling it will be a long summer in Florida. I'll convert my timer
            into a delay timer and let the pack cool as much as possible before
            charging.

            > I guess the question then is will the charger kick back in when the pack
            cools down?

            No.

          • Joe From Tampa Fl
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 1, 2001
              Since I am also here in Sunny Warm Florida I was concerned about this
              also. That is why I installed the temp. probe just in case the heat
              bothers it. So far I haven't had any problems with charging as soon
              as I get home from work.

              -JOE (FAWKES #154)

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
            • CorbinSparrow@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 1, 2001
                In a message dated 6/1/01 7:24:08 AM, wagnle@... writes:

                << I have a feeling it will be a long summer in Florida. I'll convert my
                timer
                into a delay timer and let the pack cool as much as possible before
                charging.

                and then put in another delay after the initial charge to let the pack cool
                again before programming a 1 hr equalization phase.
                peter carpenter