Stretch Sparrow

  • Davide Andrea
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 31, 2001
      Well, as some have noticed, I haven't been as active as I used to in
      this e-group. That's because I have been quite busy. Sick and tired of
      all the people asking: "But do they make a 2 seat version?" and "How
      are you going to pick-up chicks?", I decided to do something about it.
      It took two months, and a lot of parts from Corbin (thank you Jeff,
      you're the greatest), but here it is. Fellow Sparrownauts, I present
      you the first Stretch Sparrow: Zark3.

      It still has 3 wheels, and one motor driving the back wheel. But, it
      has twice as many batteries, in 2 parallel packs of 13 batteries each.
      Seven batteries are under the middle seat, and 6 under the rear seat.
      I also have beefed-up suspension. It has only one charger, but 2 E-
      meters.
      Even with twice the batteries, it gets just about the same range (when
      fully loaded). I guess that the extra weight is a problem. By myself,
      I get about 63 miles with 40 Ah per pack.

      Next week I Zark3 is booked for a wedding. I'll send you a picture,
      with me as the chauffeur, and the couple behind. (Should the groom be
      in the middle or in the back?)

      Davide, and Zark3.
    • emillio
      Message 39 of 39 , Apr 5, 2001
        SOMEDAY ???????

        I am in negotiation with the Inventors of the Tango.

        That "someday" will be very very soon !!!

        emillio