New controller

  • Johnson, Phil
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2001
      I just received the replacement controller yesterday evening. Thanks for
      sending it Jeff!

      Phil
    • Jeff James
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 2, 2001
        Hi Phil, Glad to hear that it got there OK. Please keep me posted on its
        installation and subsequent operation. You have the first of the high
        voltage controllers east of the old Miss.
        I just read your e group response ,response,and couldn't agree more.I am
        trying very hard to keep communications at an all time high but only have
        so much time to do this.I know that I sound like a broken record regarding
        the time issue but I am kept fairly busy. Greg Nadeau (Envirocommuters) is
        diligently working on diffusing some of the rumours floating around out
        there and keeping people,that he is in touch with,informed.Emilio has been
        in touch with me lately and he and I are working on a couple of the
        problems he has been facing.You are correct in stating that Emilio is
        probably one of the biggest supporters of the concept but he has become
        disillusioned by quite a few things happening and by the changes imposed on
        his dealership. Most dealers are complaining,somewhat,about these same
        changes but are managing to keep things going in the right direction. Most
        of the problems are,very,slowly getting taken care of and I appreciate all
        of the support that people like You,Emilio,Craig,Tampa Joe,and many others
        still show for a product that is,certainly,not perfect or even close but I
        have yet to hear from anyone that has a working Sparrow that doesn't love
        it,unfortunately
        there are not alot of them out there right now.We are working very hard
        here at the factory to finish and ship cars but the order has been driven
        by many different factors and from higher up the chain. A.Luzi is also
        very involved in what is going on but has the same problems that all
        dealers have. He may be better financed but he also awaits more vehicles
        than anyone else. Most of the confusion and misunderstanding seems to be
        coming from the Northeast and I can only guess that it has stemmed from
        negative input and info that really is on a need to know only basis. I tend
        to over inform some people so they understand what is happening and
        why.This does not always need to be repeated and in many cases shouldn't
        have been. As for some of the things that the factory does regarding new
        cars,We have to keep vehicles in the spotlight and using customer cars for
        display,at things like Detroit,is not a good idea. As we do have dealers
        decide not to sell Sparrows,We need to have some way to entice new dealers
        and being able to get a vehicle to them is essential. this does not always
        seem fair but I know that these vehicles are offered to existing dealers as
        well. Current dealers bought all but one of the Detroit cars. If a dealer
        feels that he ,or she,didn't get a fair chance at these cars,it is only
        because they may have been lower on the call list and the first people
        called bought em up. I know that this response doesn't answer or even
        address many of the problems or concerns but Please,anyone, e-mail me with
        questions. I may not always get right back,or even want to take the
        call,but I will for the sake of the company and good,or at least
        better,communications. I will try not to give overly optimistic estimates
        on delivery or finish but I will always try to be as honest as I can. As
        our latest Corbin history has shown,My honesty has started some things that
        maybe didn't need to be started. Thank You all for your continued support
        and hope to have favorable communictions with all in the near future,As
        always,JJ(The Nail)@CM

        At 11:21 AM 2/1/2001 -0500, you wrote:
        >I just received the replacement controller yesterday evening. Thanks for
        >sending it Jeff!
        >
        >Phil

      • Johnson, Phil
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 2, 2001
          Thanks for responding Jeff. I know that you and the folks at Corbin are
          trying really hard and we all appreciate it.

          The one thing I have to say is that having a person from Corbin monitoring
          the egroup is probably the best (and probably most cost effective)
          investment Corbin could ever make! I'm serious about this!

          Knowing that someone out there is listening AND RESPONDING to our concerns
          says a lot for Corbin motors, but more for the person who actually came up
          with the idea of putting someone online. I just hope the higher ups there
          realize this and give you the authority to be frank and honest with their
          customers.

          When customers know precisely what's going on they are more likely NOT to
          fly off the handle and will ultimately be more patient. This is why dealers
          feel compelled to "give out more information than they should". When the
          customers have this information it will also make the customers feel like
          they are part of something -- part of the development of the sparrow and
          ultimately part of Corbin Motors. It will foster a sense of kinship with
          the company. If that doesn't happen the relationship can only result in one
          that is adversarial; and when that happens, no one wins.

          Right now, you are Corbin's greatest and most valuable asset. If they
          didn't have you to diffuse situations as they happen there would be a whole
          lot fewer people waiting for their sparrows. I really and honestly hope
          that Tom realizes this.

          Thanks again Jeff,

          Phil

          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 2, 2001
            I agree that Jeff does a excellent job. Unfortunaley, I don't believe
            that he is getting the credit that he deserves for his efforts. Since
            Jeff and I are the only ones from CorbinMotors monitoring this
            egroup, the higher ups don't realize that there would be a lot more
            headaches for everyone around if Jeff wasn't doing such a bang up
            job. Any way enough of the love fest. If you really want Tom to know
            what you think copy him on these emails. cc. tom (at)
            corbinmotors.com.

            Jon Reeves
            Web Designer
            jon.reeves(at)corbinmotors.com

          • Barry S
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 2, 2001
              I completely aggree with Phil.

              Jeff James (The NAIL)has been a great help and I think has went over and
              above the call duty.
              Please keep doing what you do best. Jeff, you are our connection to Corbin
              Motors. Do you know the Shell answer man, well we have Jeff, the Sparrow
              answer man.

              Thanks for all your help,
              Barry in 'JUCEATR' (beta #3, vin #159)

            • Johnson, Phil
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 2, 2001
                I think he's more along the lines of "The Shell Answer Man" meets "Mr.
                Goodwrench" meets "The Man Who Wears the Star" meets some guy from
                California...

                Now if he could only be as "busy" as the "Maytag Repairman"! ;)

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 2, 2001
                  Thank you Phil, If I ever need a job, I'll call you. Unfortunately,as was
                  incorrectly stated by Craig,alot of the people that currently have Sparrows
                  are not qualified Electricians or mechanics. They should not need to be,the
                  Sparrow should be layman proof.It is not! The next Sparrow has addressed
                  and repaired most of the problems. We are certainly not perfect here but
                  are doing the best that we can. I am trying to diffuse the confusion in the
                  East and get everyone at least
                  speaking and not pointing fingers. We are having some minor cash flow
                  problems because we decided to do the right thing regarding controllers. In
                  retrospect we could have left the Sparrows where they were until we were
                  ready to begin the retrofits and had product on the shelf. This would
                  have,undoubtely pissed off more people. This is why I have so many vehicles
                  here and things keep getting shuffled. I believe that we did the right
                  thing and brought them here. Another case of "You can't please all the
                  people all the time". I am happy to please a couple a week right now and I
                  wish that others could understand this. Thank You again for the support and
                  kind words.JJ(The Nail)@CM

                  At 11:13 AM 2/2/2001 -0500, you wrote:
                  >Thanks for responding Jeff. I know that you and the folks at Corbin are
                  >trying really hard and we all appreciate it.
                  >
                  >The one thing I have to say is that having a person from Corbin monitoring
                  >the egroup is probably the best (and probably most cost effective)
                  >investment Corbin could ever make! I'm serious about this!
                  >
                  >Knowing that someone out there is listening AND RESPONDING to our concerns
                  >says a lot for Corbin motors, but more for the person who actually came up
                  >with the idea of putting someone online. I just hope the higher ups there
                  >realize this and give you the authority to be frank and honest with their
                  >customers.
                  >
                  >When customers know precisely what's going on they are more likely NOT to
                  >fly off the handle and will ultimately be more patient. This is why dealers
                  >feel compelled to "give out more information than they should". When the
                  >customers have this information it will also make the customers feel like
                  >they are part of something -- part of the development of the sparrow and
                  >ultimately part of Corbin Motors. It will foster a sense of kinship with
                  >the company. If that doesn't happen the relationship can only result in one
                  >that is adversarial; and when that happens, no one wins.
                  >
                  >Right now, you are Corbin's greatest and most valuable asset. If they
                  >didn't have you to diffuse situations as they happen there would be a whole
                  >lot fewer people waiting for their sparrows. I really and honestly hope
                  >that Tom realizes this.
                  >
                  >Thanks again Jeff,
                  >
                  >Phil

                • Alan Batie
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 5, 2001
                    I can't agree more...

                    --
                    Alan Batie ______ www.rdrop.com/users/alan Me
                    alan@... \ / www.qrd.org The Triangle
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 6, 2001
                      --- In sparrow_ev@y..., Jeff James <jeff.james@c...> wrote:
                      >We are certainly not perfect here but
                      > are doing the best that we can. I am trying to diffuse the
                      >confusion in the
                      > East and get everyone at least
                      > speaking and not pointing fingers.

                      I haven't seen any sign of this. No one from Corbin has contacted me
                      and I am extremely confused.

                      > We are having some minor cash flow
                      > problems because we decided to do the right thing regarding
                      >controllers. In
                      > retrospect we could have left the Sparrows where they were until we
                      >were
                      > ready to begin the retrofits and had product on the shelf. This
                      would
                      > have,undoubtely pissed off more people. This is why I have so many
                      vehicles
                      > here and things keep getting shuffled. I believe that we did the
                      right
                      > thing and brought them here. Another case of "You can't please all
                      the
                      > people all the time". I am happy to please a couple a week right
                      now and I
                      > wish that others could understand this.

                      It would help immensly if someone anyone would contact me about the
                      situation with my Sparrow. It is a real slap in the face to find out
                      after being told by you that you are only shipping locally after that
                      you will send out Sparrows in numeric order then you send a shipment
                      to my backdoor. These are not even retro fits but new Sparrows right
                      off the line. According to you my Sparrow was finished completly back
                      in October and only needed a controller. According to my dealer he
                      has arranged shipping right to my door so Corbin would not even have
                      to wait for a group of Sparrows like are currently being shipped to
                      Georgia and Florida.

                      > Thank You again for the support and
                      > kind words.JJ(The Nail)@CM

                      How about support for loyal patient customers? Out of I good faith, I
                      paid in full back in September and have been constatnly told just 3
                      or 4 more weeks. Where is this going and when will I get a truthful
                      answer?

                      -JOE (FAWKES VIN#154 Res#145
                    • Edward Ang
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 6, 2001
                        This is my first sighting of another EV while in my
                        Sparrow.

                        A green GM EV1 pulled up beside me on I-880 while I
                        was going for lunch just now. We honked at each
                        other. Nice! Two EV's side-by-side on the Silicon
                        Valley freeway. I see the future coming.

                        One bad thing though. The license plate says
                        "Dealer". Yeak! ;(

                        Still waiting for another Sparrow to pulled up beside
                        me ...

                        Edward Ang.

                        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
                      • Joe From Tampa Fl
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 7, 2001
                          As an update to my posting yesterday I have not received any
                          response from anyone at all in Corbin. This is after days of numerous
                          Emails and calls. I want to thanks all the other posters that have
                          sent me Emails with legal advise and support. I'm glad to hear I'm
                          not alone but I hope the investers step forward and start asking
                          questions. We are all tying up allot of money and now starting to
                          loose respect for what we still hope will be the beginning of the
                          future. I am still going to try and get a truthful response as to
                          what will happen with my Sparrow and will keep everyone posted. It's
                          a shame they are putting us through this. If any of our group go out
                          to the Corbin factory try to get a look at my Sparrow for me and let
                          me know if it really exists and the Vin plate shows my numbers.

                          Disgusted,
                          -JOE (FAWKES Aqua Vin#154 Res#145)