ball joint on the steering rack

  • Kenneth
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2013
      Does anyone know the manufacturer of the ball joints on the steering rack? I need to source a new one..

      KLW
    • SRWILS
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2013
        The Ball joints are on the top and bottom control arms. Tie rod ends are on he end of the steering rack.

        The Tie Rod ends cross to a 86-89 Honda Accord. Don't know about the ball jpoints.

        Scot

        ________________________________
        Does anyone know the manufacturer of the ball joints on the steering rack? I need to source a new one..

        KLW

      • Jacob Oshins
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2013
          Until I totaled my Sparrow, I made a policy of getting my parts from Myers Motors, on the theory that they needed the business and I wanted them to stick around.

          - Jake Oshins

          Does anyone know the manufacturer of the ball joints on the steering rack? I need to source a new one..

          KLW

        • Richard Clester
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
            Try this part number at any auto parts store: TRW 10456

            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
              Maybe this has been answered before... ball joints are not attached to the
              steering racks.  They are Tie Rods.  The tie rods are an inner tie rod and an
              outer tie rod.  The inner tie rod is a modified version of an off the shelf
              part.  The outer tie rod is off the shelf.  I will try to supply the part
              numbers we used.  I just need to look them up.
              Rick

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 14, 2013
                Try these part numbers for the tie rods:

                Inner Tie Rod: ES2183R
                Outer Tie rod: ES2095R
                Rick