Re: Gloom & Doom

  • DLFoulke
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2012
      The charger is still OK. The car was on the charger for around an hour
      when the fire started. The problem was at the 110V Connector where the
      power cord is attached. We had just finished eating supper and I heard
      a large pop in the garage and went to investigate. The pop was from
      the windshield breaking. If we had not heard that it is highly likely
      that the fire would have spread to the garage and house. The inside
      of the car was heavily damaged from the fire. The right half of the
      dash is a goner and the liner at the top of the cabin is burnt to a crisp.

      As soon as the insurance company looks at the remains I intend to remove
      the dash to get a real look at the damage. If the insurance totals it,
      I intend to buy it from them for a salvage effort. The Li Ion
      batteries should still be good as well as the Zilla controller and Motor.

      Dennis Foulke