Washer bottle needed and is it hard to swap brake-lines?

  • griffmar7
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2011
      Hi everyone,

      Washer fluid bottle needed,our sparrow was received without one. Anyone know where to find one?

      Has anyone replaced flexible brake-lines with metal lines? If so, is it difficult to do inside the main body?

      Thanks,

      Martin

      I would like to thank all of you for being so helpful.
    • franklindale2003
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2011
        --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogroups.com, "griffmar7" <griffmar7@...> wrote:

        > :
        > Has anyone replaced flexible brake-lines with metal lines? If so, is it difficult to do inside the main body?

        IMHO replacing brake lines with true metal lines would be very difficult. Those lines are hard steel as opposed to copper and require special tools to makeconnections and bends. There are some pretty sharp bends. Just acquired another sparrow where the brake lines were totally occluded with white gunk where the brake fluid had brokendown and had to run weedwackerwire to dislodge it and open up those connections. It was tough to get all the air out those lines and until I did the brakes were suboptimal. I ended up using vacuum to suck air and fluid to get it all out.

        My $.02. Dale