New Charger Setup for my Sparrow

  • eino_lindfors
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2011
      I just changed out all the batteries in my Sparrow. So, it has 13 new optima blue D34M batteries. I also removed the Zivan and put in four Noco Genius multibank chargers. Now each battery is individually charged. Two chargers are located where the Zivan used to be. These two charge the front six batteries. There are two chargers right behind the seat. These two charge the seven batteries under the seat. I have performed the 5 and 10 mile runs and recharges. Everything seems to be working okay. The four chargers seem to take about 17amps input current initially. I have previous data from the Zivan as to charge efficiency... I will compare that against this method. We will see if the individual chargers will help with battery life. It should at least allow the sparrow to have a mixed age pack later on in its life. I can post pictures if there is interest. Eino #233.
    • davide
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2011
        Hello Eino

        > I can post pictures if there is interest.

        Yes, please.

        Even better, can you please document what you did in the Sparrow Wiki?
        The password is: Sparrownaut

        I prepared a page for you:
        http://enviromotors.com/wiki/index.php/Sparrow/NocoGenius
        It would be great if you could please add a description of what you did,
        and pictures.

        Thanks,
        Davide