100 Mile Sparrow!

  • ndullgent1
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2010
      I'm very excited to announce that Myers Motors has finished the installation of our first Lithium Powered Sparrow that has accomplished a 100+ mile range and only consumed 72% of the energy of the pack.
      The first 40 to 50 miles of the trip was at speeds of 70 to 75 miles per hour. The second part of the journey was at a more respectable 60 to 65 MPH. (I encountered a State Highway Patrol on the way back and decided to drive the speed limit.) The last leg of the journey, about 15 miles, was in stop and go city driving.

      Stephen Taylor of Atlanta is the owner of the Orange Sparrow. To him, I want to express my appreciation for his patience and his desire to push the envelope of the future today.

      For me, it is a historical moment that I take great pleasure in.

      I'm pretty certain that others have broken the 100 mile barrier...
      it's just sooo cool!

      Electrically excited,
      Rick
    • Clarence Tan
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2010
        Thats great news.

        Regards
        Clarence

        On Sep 2, 2010, at 11:51 PM, ndullgent1 wrote:

        > I'm very excited to announce that Myers Motors has finished the
        > installation of our first Lithium Powered Sparrow that has
        > accomplished a 100+ mile range and only consumed 72% of the energy
        > of the pack.
        > The first 40 to 50 miles of the trip was at speeds of 70 to 75 miles
        > per hour. The second part of the journey was at a more respectable
        > 60 to 65 MPH. (I encountered a State Highway Patrol on the way back
        > and decided to drive the speed limit.) The last leg of the journey,
        > about 15 miles, was in stop and go city driving.
        >
        > Stephen Taylor of Atlanta is the owner of the Orange Sparrow. To
        > him, I want to express my appreciation for his patience and his
        > desire to push the envelope of the future today.
        >
        > For me, it is a historical moment that I take great pleasure in.
        >
        > I'm pretty certain that others have broken the 100 mile barrier...
        > it's just sooo cool!
        >
        > Electrically excited,
        > Rick

      • ray blake
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 2, 2010
          Good for you Rick

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 3, 2010
            So how much does a lithium-powered Sparrow/Nmg cost?

            --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogroups.com, "ndullgent1" <ndullgent1@...> wrote:

            > I'm very excited to announce that Myers Motors has finished the installation of our first Lithium Powered Sparrow that has accomplished a 100+ mile range and only consumed 72% of the energy of the pack.
            > The first 40 to 50 miles of the trip was at speeds of 70 to 75 miles per hour. The second part of the journey was at a more respectable 60 to 65 MPH. (I encountered a State Highway Patrol on the way back and decided to drive the speed limit.) The last leg of the journey, about 15 miles, was in stop and go city driving.
            >
            > Stephen Taylor of Atlanta is the owner of the Orange Sparrow. To him, I want to express my appreciation for his patience and his desire to push the envelope of the future today.
            >
            > For me, it is a historical moment that I take great pleasure in.
            >
            > I'm pretty certain that others have broken the 100 mile barrier...
            > it's just sooo cool!
            >
            > Electrically excited,
            > Rick

          • davide
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2010
              > So how much does a lithium-powered Sparrow/Nmg cost?

              A request for prices of any product is usually a question that is best
              addressed to the company that sells the product. In this case, that
              company is Myers Motors, and their contact info can be found on their
              website: http://myersmotors.com/contact.html
            • travis magee
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 3, 2010
                Well done Rick!

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 4, 2010
                  great news, rick.

                  any pix and details to share?

                  which batteries, what BMS, what charger, where did you put everything?