Re: Best current source for Optima Yellow Tops?

  • yellow_motors
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
      Hi Sid! Try Amazon.com. I just bought some from them and they're only $160 each with free shipping. Plus Optima is running their special $25 off two batteries.

      --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogroups.com, "smlloyds" <sid.lloyd@...> wrote:

      > fyi- batteries are us refunded my order on my credit card. No word of explanation, no apology, nothing. Can't believe how they stay in business with such poor customer experience.
      >
      > --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogroups.com, "smlloyds" <sid.lloyd@> wrote:
      > >
      > > While I've not had problems with them before, I've finally given up on Batteries Are Us and opened a dispute with Discover to try and get my $800+ back that they charged me two months ago for 4 batteries. Don't know what's happened to them. They haven't responded to emails or voice mails. When I DO get hold of someone by phone, I just get the run around. They say they just work in a parts store and don't know anything; that you have to send an email to the battery people who already left for the day or weekend. Or a storm knocked out their phones. Or their server crashed. etc etc.
      > >
      > > So, where's the best place (online) to get Optima d750s?
      > >
      > > thanks,
      > >
      > > Sid

    • Richard Rettammel
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
        What's you zip code. I will give you a quote.

        ________________________________
        Hi Sid! Try Amazon.com. I just bought some from them and they're only $160 each with free shipping. Plus Optima is running their special $25 off two batteries.

        --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogro ups.com, "smlloyds" <sid.lloyd@. ..> wrote:

        > fyi- batteries are us refunded my order on my credit card. No word of explanation, no apology, nothing. Can't believe how they stay in business with such poor customer experience.
        >
        > --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogro ups.com, "smlloyds" <sid.lloyd@> wrote:
        > >
        > > While I've not had problems with them before, I've finally given up on Batteries Are Us and opened a dispute with Discover to try and get my $800+ back that they charged me two months ago for 4 batteries. Don't know what's happened to them. They haven't responded to emails or voice mails. When I DO get hold of someone by phone, I just get the run around. They say they just work in a parts store and don't know anything; that you have to send an email to the battery people who already left for the day or weekend. Or a storm knocked out their phones. Or their server crashed. etc etc.
        > >
        > > So, where's the best place (online) to get Optima d750s?
        > >
        > > thanks,
        > >
        > > Sid

      • Fry Gary
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
          Zip code for batteries....Coolin, Idaho 83821 Gary Fry

          ________________________________
          What's you zip code. I will give you a quote.

          ____________ _________ _________ __
          Hi Sid! Try Amazon.com. I just bought some from them and they're only $160 each with free shipping. Plus Optima is running their special $25 off two batteries.

          --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogro ups.com, "smlloyds" <sid.lloyd@. ..> wrote:

          > fyi- batteries are us refunded my order on my credit card. No word of explanation, no apology, nothing. Can't believe how they stay in business with such poor customer experience.
          >
          > --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogro ups.com, "smlloyds" <sid.lloyd@> wrote:
          > >
          > > While I've not had problems with them before, I've finally given up on Batteries Are Us and opened a dispute with Discover to try and get my $800+ back that they charged me two months ago for 4 batteries. Don't know what's happened to them. They haven't responded to emails or voice mails. When I DO get hold of someone by phone, I just get the run around. They say they just work in a parts store and don't know anything; that you have to send an email to the battery people who already left for the day or weekend. Or a storm knocked out their phones. Or their server crashed. etc etc.
          > >
          > > So, where's the best place (online) to get Optima d750s?
          > >
          > > thanks,
          > >
          > > Sid

        • John Brecher
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2009
            Good luck with Amazon. I got 13 from them due to that $160 and free shipping. I had three broken in shipment and the two more failed with in two months. The ones shipped from Sacremento were the bads having been shipped without anything but the cardboard box to protect. That group of 10 is where all the four failures came from. Three came from Salt Lake and wee packaged correctly with foam around them in an Optima box. After considerable hasle from both UPS and Amazon I got some refund.

            John L. Brecher
            Garland, Tx

            What's you zip code. I will give you a quote.

            ____________ _________ _________ __
            Hi Sid! Try Amazon.com. I just bought some from them and they're only $160 each with free shipping. Plus Optima is running their special $25 off two batteries.

            --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogro ups.com, "smlloyds" <sid.lloyd@. ..> wrote:

            > fyi- batteries are us refunded my order on my credit card. No word of explanation, no apology, nothing. Can't believe how they stay in business with such poor customer experience.
            >
            > --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogro ups.com, "smlloyds" <sid.lloyd@> wrote:
            > >
            > > While I've not had problems with them before, I've finally given up on Batteries Are Us and opened a dispute with Discover to try and get my $800+ back that they charged me two months ago for 4 batteries. Don't know what's happened to them. They haven't responded to emails or voice mails. When I DO get hold of someone by phone, I just get the run around. They say they just work in a parts store and don't know anything; that you have to send an email to the battery people who already left for the day or weekend. Or a storm knocked out their phones. Or their server crashed. etc etc.
            > >
            > > So, where's the best place (online) to get Optima d750s?
            > >
            > > thanks,
            > >
            > > Sid

          • Richard Rettammel
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
              Hi Gary,
              I can't compete with the amazon price but the best I can do is $204.99 each including UPS shipping.
              They will be shipped in the proper packaging.
              This is for the Yellow top Optima group 34 Part# 8012-021

              Richard

              ________________________________
              Zip code for batteries... .Coolin, Idaho 83821 Gary Fry

              ____________ _________ _________ __
              What's you zip code. I will give you a quote.

              ____________ _________ _________ __
              Hi Sid! Try Amazon.com. I just bought some from them and they're only $160 each with free shipping. Plus Optima is running their special $25 off two batteries.

              --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogro ups.com, "smlloyds" <sid.lloyd@. ..> wrote:

              > fyi- batteries are us refunded my order on my credit card. No word of explanation, no apology, nothing. Can't believe how they stay in business with such poor customer experience.
              >
              > --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogro ups.com, "smlloyds" <sid.lloyd@> wrote:
              > >
              > > While I've not had problems with them before, I've finally given up on Batteries Are Us and opened a dispute with Discover to try and get my $800+ back that they charged me two months ago for 4 batteries. Don't know what's happened to them. They haven't responded to emails or voice mails. When I DO get hold of someone by phone, I just get the run around. They say they just work in a parts store and don't know anything; that you have to send an email to the battery people who already left for the day or weekend. Or a storm knocked out their phones. Or their server crashed. etc etc.
              > >
              > > So, where's the best place (online) to get Optima d750s?
              > >
              > > thanks,
              > >
              > > Sid

            • Fry Gary
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
                Thank you.
                What kind of cost also on blue tops?
                Gary zip 83821

                ________________________________

                Zip code for batteries... .Coolin, Idaho 83821 Gary Fry

                ____________ _________ _________ __
                What's you zip code. I will give you a quote.

                ____________ _________ _________ __
                Hi Sid! Try Amazon.com. I just bought some from them and they're only $160 each with free shipping. Plus Optima is running their special $25 off two batteries.

                --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogro ups.com, "smlloyds" <sid.lloyd@. ..> wrote:

                > fyi- batteries are us refunded my order on my credit card. No word of explanation, no apology, nothing. Can't believe how they stay in business with such poor customer experience.
                >
                > --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogro ups.com, "smlloyds" <sid.lloyd@> wrote:
                > >
                > > While I've not had problems with them before, I've finally given up on Batteries Are Us and opened a dispute with Discover to try and get my $800+ back that they charged me two months ago for 4 batteries. Don't know what's happened to them. They haven't responded to emails or voice mails. When I DO get hold of someone by phone, I just get the run around. They say they just work in a parts store and don't know anything; that you have to send an email to the battery people who already left for the day or weekend. Or a storm knocked out their phones. Or their server crashed. etc etc.
                > >
                > > So, where's the best place (online) to get Optima d750s?
                > >
                > > thanks,
                > >
                > > Sid

              • bjparker4
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
                  Costco has the Marine Dual Purpose D34 Blue tops for $144. The rebate is with Optima, the last time it was $25 a battery, and I think that is what it is now. I have been using the Blue tops ever since they added the extra plastic on the yellow tops and made the price higher than the blue tops. I like the extra terminals on the blue tops, however I do not use the wing nuts, just a regular 5/16 nut. Since I am now retired and not commuting the 40 miles a day I find my batteries are lasting much longer! I would change out a battery on average every 1.5 months.

                  Brads Sparrow 172 48,582.2 miles and slowly turning blue.