Rear Axle Repair Help

  • eino_lindfors
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 8:14 AM
      Hi, I am in the process of trying to disassemble the rear axle. So far
      we have milled off the "Big Nut" and tried to tap the area under the
      nut to pull out the compression fitting. We used a 1/4" tap and tried
      to pull it out, but the taps do not hold. The material appears to be
      too soft. Also, tried to weld to the fitting and pull it out. The
      weld did not hold. Do we need to use bigger bolts to pull it out?
      Any recommendations would be appreciated. Is there a way to push the
      axle out now that the bolt is milled off... or is there still too much
      pressure on it for it to let go? thanks, Eino.