Brake Cable

  • Hank
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2005
      Okay so my Sparrow has been good to me since I bought. But just
      recently I was driving and I heard this loud noise that sounded like
      a flat tire. So I pulled over got out and checked the whole car
      out... and everything was fine. So I drive it back home still making
      that loud noise. So the next day I didn't drive and checked it out.
      It looked complete normal. But then I noticed on my back tire the
      rim was all black, so I looked around and finally found a cable that
      was rubbing on it. It was the parking brake cable. Apparently they
      made my brake cable wire go right inbetween the wheel and the
      sprocket without being tied down at all. So I used some heavy duty
      ties, and tied it up out of the way of both. So then today I went
      for a cruise through the hills and I noticed my Sparrow isn't
      acceleration as normally as it should so I just ignored it (Stupid,
      I know) and kept driving when I smelt smoke, I knew that something
      was wrong, so I found the nearest driveway and when I hit my brakes
      the car let out a really loud squeeking noise and would barely stop.
      So I had friends come trailer my to my office where I found out that
      the brake cable I tied down was pulling it so that it was always on.
      So I cut one of the ties and the brake released. But then! I noticed
      my back fender that covers the wheels was rubbing on the wheel
      itself. So I took it off, cleaned it, and cut the whole left side of
      it off. Works perfect and my Sparrow much much much quieter. What a
      crazy day! But now, all is good :)
    • MATTHEW WILSON
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2005
        I've given up on my emergency brake altogether. I tried the fix in the database but it didn't work for me. Now, I use a chock and try to park in level areas. Myers has a new rear swingarm you can get put on that fixes the brake problem but $2,000 is out of my price range for the time being.

        My fender, which I replaced a few months back is constantly coming loose.

        Matt Wilson
        Sparrow #159

        PS Are there any Sparrows in Hawaii, I might get transferred there?

        Hank <forwardreverse@...> wrote:
[...]

        Business finance course Business to business finance Small business finance Business finance consultant Business finance magazine Business finance schools