Re: Recharging at State agencies

  • anbausa
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
      The various air quality management districts here in California, such
      as the South Coast Air Quality Management District, provide EV
      charging for both staff and the general public. I am pretty sure that
      other state agencies also allow charging.

      --- In sparrow_ev@yahoogroups.com, "mpittscampbell"
      <mpittscampbell@y...> wrote:
      > Does anyone have information as to methods to compel a California
      State agency to
      > allow an employee (i.e. me) to recharge their electric vehicle
      (i.e. Sparrow #267), using
      > an agency electrical outlet, while I am on duty? At the moment, the
      Border Coast
      > Orange sits idle because we have moved 13 miles north and I am
      unable to commute
      > round-trip on one charge, no matter how gentle I am.
      >
      > I attempted to ask permission (offering to pay the couple of
      dollars a week it would
      > cost) and was told, politely, after a 5-month stall, to pound
      sand: "CDC does not have
      > any provisions to sell fuel or electricity to its employees." State
      legislators were
      > equally helpful: "It is the clear intent of the Legislature to
      encourage the use of
      > alternative fuel vehicles," however, there is no enabling
      legislation.

      > Politeness, persuasion, and common sense do not work with CDC:
      they usually ignore
      > anything less than the order of a Federal judge. What I am looking
      for are statutes or
      > ordinances (examples m-i-i-i-ght work), something I can point to
      and say, "I would
      > like to recharge my Sparrow while I am on duty and this is why I am
      allowed to do so."