Re: [sparrow_ev] Any SF Bay area *red* Sparrow for 4th July Parade - Alemeda

  • clare bell
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
      My 011 jellybean is Candy red. She's here in Hollister, but I don't have
      any way to get her to Alameda.
      If someone can help with the transport, I'd be glad to participate.

      CB
      EVet

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
        Last year my yellow hatchback led the Alameda 4th parade with Mayor
        Appezzato driving. His wife was driving Alameda Power & Telecom's
        lime-green hatchback. Anthony Luzi told me thay needed a second
        Sparrow so the mayor and his wife could lead the parade togather.
        Since I was going to be in the parade, as I will be this year, with
        the PT Cruiser group, it worked out great. I'll look for you guys and
        cheer you on!

        Brian Phillips
        VIN #206 Yellow Hatchback
        San Leandro

        --- In sparrow_ev@y..., "etcadman" <ethorpe@g...> wrote:
        > Hello Sparrow-nauts,
        >
        > Several EVers are participating together in the Alameda 4th of July
        > parade, one of the largest parades in Northern California, this
        > Thursday.
        > Ed Thorpe
      • etcadman
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2002
          Report on 7/4 Parade-

          Wow, what a great time! We had 3 Sparrows lined up:
          Red - Clare Bell's vin#11, graciously hauled up from Hollister just
          for the occation.
          While - Edward Ang's Delta Flyer. Back in running shape after the
          resent roll.
          Blue - Ed Hunter's clean bird.
          And flags provided on-the-spot by Brian Phillips, who joined the
          parade with the PT Cruisers.

          Our group was lead by my fully-occupied (4-passenger) green Honda
          EVplus and trailed by Bill Kennedy's 2-passenger (but held 1-adult
          and 3-children) blue EV1. Also, Edward's wife drove the entire 4.5
          mile parade and back to their truck on an Xootr electric scooter!
          Whole event was a real croud-pleaser.

          BTW - Alameda Power & Telecom's lime green Sparrow was the lead
          vehicle at the start of the parade.

          Couple of our slogans (signs on car windows):
          Spare the air everyday, drive electric.
          Declare independence from foreign oil, drive electric.

          Many thanks to all who participated.
          -Ed Thorpe

          > --- In sparrow_ev@y..., "etcadman" <ethorpe@g...> wrote:
          > > Hello Sparrow-nauts,
          > >
          > > Several EVers are participating together in the Alameda 4th of
          July
          > > parade, one of the largest parades in Northern California, this
          > > Thursday.
          > > Ed Thorpe
        • Edward Ang
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2002
            I posted some photos we took. Please find the link from my EV Journal dated
            July 5th.

            Find the link to my EV Journal from the SparrowCam page
            http://www.movingcam.com/SparrowCam.htm

            or go directly here
            http://66.1.139.25/keong/EV_Journal.htm

            Ed Ang

          • etcadman
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 5, 2002
              Additional photos posted to Photos section, album=4th of July.
              Only sparrow related.

              -Ed Thorpe

              --- In sparrow_ev@y..., "Edward Ang" <EdAng@m...> wrote:
              > I posted some photos we took. Please find the link from my EV
              Journal dated
              > July 5th.
              >
              > Find the link to my EV Journal from the SparrowCam page
              > http://www.movingcam.com/SparrowCam.htm
              >
              > or go directly here
              > http://66.1.139.25/keong/EV_Journal.htm
              >
              > Ed Ang
            • Carver
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 10, 2002
                Clare

                When are you going to finish 006?

                I must have it out of the space by this weekend.

                Andrew