about my mp3 project

  • kemal caki
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 6, 2006
      hi everybody,
      ii want to make mp3 player by using pic16f877 micro controler
      can you help me.this is very important for me.
      you can contact me kemalcaki@...

    • Dave McGuire
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 7, 2006
        On Nov 6, 2006, at 7:36 PM, kemal caki wrote:
        > ii want to make mp3 player by using pic16f877 micro controler
        > can you help me.this is very important for me.
        > you can contact me kemalcaki@...

        I'd be happy to help you for $150/hr. ;)

        -Dave

        --
        Dave McGuire
        Cape Coral, FL
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 7, 2006
          Bah! I'll do for *$250* an hour. That's a much better deal.

          --jc

          Dave McGuire wrote:
          > On Nov 6, 2006, at 7:36 PM, kemal caki wrote:
          >
          >> ii want to make mp3 player by using pic16f877 micro controler
          >> can you help me.this is very important for me.
          >> you can contact me kemalcaki@...
          >>

          > I'd be happy to help you for $150/hr. ;)
          >
          > -Dave

        • Dave McGuire
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 8, 2006
            $275!!

            -Dave

            --
            Dave McGuire
            Cape Coral, FL
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 8, 2006
              C'mon guys! Give the guy a break. I replied to him off-the-list that a
              PIC16F877 is woefully underpowered for the task and suggested that he'd
              probably need to develop his application on a DSP, and budget a few
              months of development, even if he uses an open-source MP3 decoder.

              --Tim

              Dave McGuire wrote:

              > $275!!
              >
              > -Dave
              >
              >On Nov 7, 2006, at 11:08 PM, J.C. Wren wrote:
              >

              >>Bah! I'll do for *$250* an hour. That's a much better deal.
              >>
              >> --jc
              >>
              >>Dave McGuire wrote:

              >>> I'd be happy to help you for $150/hr. ;)
              >>>
              >>> -Dave

              >>Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Dave McGuire
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 8, 2006
                The PIC16F877 is absolutely capable of that task. I'd do it with
                something like an STA013 decoder hanging off the microcontroller, and
                leave the PIC to do the byte-shuffling.

                -Dave

                --
                Dave McGuire
                Cape Coral, FL
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 9, 2006
                  This issue of Make magazine (#08) has an interesting article on page 171for an MP3 player kit which uses a PIC (source is available) as is e-mail support. www.makezine.com www.teuthis.com/html/kits.html.

                  <Usual disclaimer of association with either company.>

                  Dick

                  --
                  Dave McGuire
                  Cape Coral, FL