Front Panel picofuse

  • Win Heagy
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2013
      I was able to source all the parts for the front panel except the 2A picofuse (F2342CT-ND). Digi-Key says maybe by the end of July. Does anyone have a source for them or can you offer a substitute or even temporary kludge? I checked the likely sources, including ebay.

      Will a standard slow blow fuse work OK temporarily?

      Thanks...Win
    • Brian Lloyd
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 2, 2013
        On Tuesday, July 2, 2013, Win Heagy wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I was able to source all the parts for the front panel except the 2A
        > picofuse (F2342CT-ND). Digi-Key says maybe by the end of July. Does anyone
        > have a source for them or can you offer a substitute or even temporary
        > kludge? I checked the likely sources, including ebay.
        >
        > Will a standard slow blow fuse work OK temporarily?

        You really don't want slo-blo. You want it to interrupt *right now*! Use
        an external fuse and/or a current limited supply. Use a short loop
        consisting of a single strand of multi-stranded wire as a fusible link. You
        want that to burn rather than a board trace.

        --
        Brian Lloyd, WB6RQN/J79BPL
        706 Flightline Drive

      • Stephen L
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2013
          Hi Win,

          The original part specified is a SLO BLO and works fine.

          Suitable substitutes which are in-stock at Digi-Key include:
          - 507-1032-ND
          - 283-2966-ND

          Steve L.
        • Win Heagy