VT6 SBC6120 and weird characters

  • Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 17, 2012
      Hi,

      I have strange problem with VT6. I can use my SBC6120 with HyperTerminal in monitor and OS/8 as well.

      When I try to use VT6 it works in monitor, but after boot to OS/8 the Enter key produces two question marks and moves cursor one character up and right. Also the keyboard produces strange qird characters. But, when I enter DIR I got the directory list.

      I use 9600 7M1 RX/TX f/c none, firmware 54.

      Any ideas? I think I have to have some error in setup, but I think I tried everything :-(

      Best regards

      Martin
    • Mark G Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 17, 2012
        Hi,

        On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 08:39:11PM -0000, Martin wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have strange problem with VT6. I can use my SBC6120 with HyperTerminal in monitor and OS/8 as well.
        >
        > When I try to use VT6 it works in monitor, but after boot to OS/8 the Enter key produces two question marks and moves cursor one character up and right. Also the keyboard produces strange qird characters. But, when I enter DIR I got the directory list.
        >
        > I use 9600 7M1 RX/TX f/c none, firmware 54.
        >
        > Any ideas? I think I have to have some error in setup, but I think I tried everything :-(

        I do not have a VT6, however I'm pretty sure I have to use 7E1 for OS8
        to behave.

        Mark

        --
        Mark G. Thomas (Mark@...)
      • Bob Armstrong
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 17, 2012
          >I use 9600 7M1 RX/TX f/c none, firmware 54.

          Bob
        • Martin
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 17, 2012
            Hi Bob,

            thank you ver much, this was it. I searched the group, but clearly wrong way.

            Best regards

            Martin