HD6120 Question

  • Rob Doyle
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2012
      Gents -

      I'm trying to implement HD6100/HD6120 functionality
      in my PDP8 FPGA... I'd like to get it a close as
      possible to the "real thing".

      In the HD6120 manual, the "RTR RTL" opcode is listed
      as "Do Not Use". That should be a clue but I'd
      really like to know what it does...

      As this group is the Last Bastion of the HD6120:
      Can anyone here verify that the OPCODE 7016 is
      executed as a NOP and that OPCODE 7017 is executed
      as a IAC.

      Rob Doyle

      PS.
      The FPGA boots OS/8 and I can finally run ADVENT.
      It still needs lots of work! The disk controller
      is register compatible with the KL8E and front-
      ends a Secure Digital card that acts as 4x RK05
      disks. I designed the disk controller to use
      the same disk format as SIMH so I can "dd" SIMH
      RK05 disk images on the SD card and just use them.

      I haven't tried running the SB6120 code...

      PPS.
      I like to share this work but I need a web site.
      Can anyone recommend an inexpensive web host?