Elf 2000 Monitor "Run" Command

  • Dave Ruske
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2012
      I'm not seeing an issue yet in the monitor ROM source, so before digging deeper I thought I'd ask a simple question about the Elf 2000 monitor's "Run" command.

      It seems I can run a program at any address --- as long as it's 0000. If I place a program anywhere else in RAM and try to run it by specifying the address as an argument to "run," execution appears to start at 0000 anyway. I'm running the V87 monitor ROM with a 1.0.6 BIOS.

      Everything else on this newly hatched computer seems to work great, after grounding BAT2 on the DS1210. I've ran it through dozens of iterations of the RAM test and successfully tested the Pixie graphics.

      So is there something odd about my hardware, or could someone else with an Elf 2000 verify whether there's a firmware issue here?

      Thanks!

      Dave