SBC6120 Console

  • miles.aero
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2008
      >Should the SBC immediately echo anything which is typed on the
      terminal?

      >> Yes. Most likely you have some problem between the TXD output
      from >>your PC and the RXD pin on the UART, although it could be the
      receive >>flag (that isn't tested by the POST).

      >> I still wish you'd post this discussion to the newsgroup.

      >>Bob

      Thanks Bob.

      Does the receive flag appear on pin 19 of the UART?

      cheers

      John
    • woodelf
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2008
        miles.aero wrote:
        Don't do what I did, insert the uart backwards.I did have a spare.
      • Bob Armstrong
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 15, 2008
          >Does the receive flag appear on pin 19 of the UART?

          This pin is asserted when the UART receives a character, which is probably
          enough for your testing. The actual keyboard flag, as it's seen by the
          PDP-8 software, is a little more complicated and the logic for that is
          inside the IOT GALs.

          Bob